1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can't get 02 sensors out?

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by k2pow, May 16, 2008.

1. May 16, 2008 at 1:16 PM
    k2pow

k2pow [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Valley Village CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Silver 4x4 LB DC, SR5, deb
    Snug Top, Tint, American Racing Mojave Rims with BFG AT's, Icon Coilovers, Camburg UCA's, Wheelers rear springs, Icon Rear shocks with res, front diff spacer.
    So I am installing my Doug Thorley Headers as I type ( I know multi tasked) and I can't get the o2 sensors out... Like they are seized in there already and I have only had her 1500 miles.. Any Ideas? They are not reversed thread are they?

Kenneth

2. May 16, 2008 at 1:22 PM
    k2pow

k2pow [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Valley Village CA
    Vehicle:
    Snug Top, Tint, American Racing Mojave Rims with BFG AT's, Icon Coilovers, Camburg UCA's, Wheelers rear springs, Icon Rear shocks with res, front diff spacer.
    never mind.. I grew a sack and used wd40 with a vice... Treads a little messed but but saved myself 200 plus for each sensor.. I continue on

3. May 16, 2008 at 8:33 PM
    k2pow

k2pow [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Valley Village CA
    Vehicle:
    Is there a reason I can't just hook up the old o2 detector to the system. What is the reason the engine light comes on?

I have a sim box but I am still confused..

Kenneth

4. May 22, 2008 at 4:12 AM
    Spyder327

Spyder327 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 X-Runner
    Aquamist 2D meth/water injection kit, URD Exhaust, DT Long Tube Headers, Hood Struts, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff...
    I dont understand what you mean by hooking up old o2 to the system...

The check engine light (assuming the code is P0420) is on because you have removed the front set of cats. The rear oxygen sensors monitor those cats and have now realized they are gone.

Which kind of sim do you have?

5. May 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    k2pow

k2pow [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Valley Village CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info. I have the empire kit. So easy to install, no codes yet with mild to wild testing. Doug Thorley Long tubes sound awesome with the trd cat back. Looks like I am in need of an ECU upgrade, URD MAF kit or something. Also could really use a y-pipe as well.

Kenneth

6. May 22, 2008 at 12:41 PM
    Spyder327

Spyder327 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 X-Runner
    Aquamist 2D meth/water injection kit, URD Exhaust, DT Long Tube Headers, Hood Struts, and lots of other miscellaneous stuff...
    FYI, URD's y-pipe in combination with those headers will make your truck insanely loud.

7. May 23, 2008 at 7:49 AM
    k2pow

k2pow [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Valley Village CA
    Vehicle:
    Insanely loud is a good thing right? I had heard prior to purchase and install of my combo, it would be really loud, but actually it's not that bad. Maybe because I just rid my self of an 08 Ram 2500 Turbo Diesel and prior to that a 05 Dodge Magnum Hemi, exhaust, intake, computer.. I already anticipate having to pull the headers in 4 years for the smog check, unless I can find someone that will look the other way during the test phase of the check. So If I am taking headers off already, whats a few more bolts? I think loud in a bad way would be flooring it in front of the radar gun. I city street-it to work I am never fully in the throttle. When I tow the race car, they will be looking at the combo and not paying attention to the growl of the taco.

Products Discussed in

To Top