LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Pets

Notices

Lets See Your Dogs!!

Old 04-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #7401
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Any good "dog trainers" who can give advice on a difficult dog. Looking for ways to curb specific behavior. Can provide videos if needed for better reference. We are. Not comfortable with him as is if we were to have a baby. And getting rid of him is last resort and just can't do it as it will probably mean he will be put to sleep
Old 04-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #7402
excalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud ofexcalis has much to be proud of

excalis's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Lucy...

My dog Lucy
Old 04-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #7403
05' Silverback Gorilla!
ToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frankie
ToyTaco408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
Any good "dog trainers" who can give advice on a difficult dog. Looking for ways to curb specific behavior. Can provide videos if needed for better reference. We are. Not comfortable with him as is if we were to have a baby. And getting rid of him is last resort and just can't do it as it will probably mean he will be put to sleep
Yo what's wrong? Please don't put your dog to sleep
Old 04-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #7404
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTaco408 View Post
Yo what's wrong? Please don't put your dog to sleep

well, i never had issue with simon until after i started traveling with work. i would spend approx 9 months a year on the road and numerous different people watched him , this lasted for about 3 years. i no longer travel as of 2 years ago. some of which i am sure abused him in some way with either not feeding enough or pulling and or tied up by collar. what behaviors have started are peeing while in his crate. and some aggresive behaviors. for example, when going to bed in his crate, when told, he will go, and is obedient, but when he gets to the crate, he goes in and barks and shows all teeth and if a person were to put their hand in there, you would get bit. he has nipped a few times when i used a vacuum, but that has gone away. i used to also not be able to put a muzzle or collar or harness on him if it came off, and would have to drive to the vet to have it done, or else i would get bit trying. i can now get him collared with no issues. but the aggressive barking and potential risk of biting is still an issue. if you come between him and food, he shows signs of biting, but hasnt yet. when someone shows fear , he exploits its if he is barking. and it is scary to those who aren't familiar. he is 11 years old, 12 in september and me fiance and i are trying anything we can. thats it in a nutshell.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #7405
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I think you'll need to find a behavioral consultant to talk with about your dog. It sounds to me as if his behaviors are fear related.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #7406
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #7407
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
if he's almost 12, he probably wont be around too much longer, so might as well let him live the rest of his life. reward positive behavior, punish the negative.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #7408

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamamerica View Post
if he's almost 12, he probably wont be around too much longer, so might as well let him live the rest of his life. reward positive behavior, punish the negative.
If he bites someone, that will likely be the end of his life.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #7409
Banned
yeah, he is a rat terrier, he is in perfect health. vet is amazed at how well his health is. he will prob live to be the oldest living dog ever, just to spite us
Old 04-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #7410
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STiLL WILL View Post
Yeah my gf hopes he looks like his daddy Tito so she won't ever get heckled on her jogs lol. Judging by King's rapid growth, he'll get there in no time. Energy for freaking days.

Yes, I too, was skeptical of clicker training but man it's paid off for King! My past dogs I've trained with just treats, no clicker and they turned out very obedient. I figured clicker training couldn't hurt with this guy. There are commands he does now that he doesn't expect a treat for(sit/down/come/high five/handshake) and will do them automatically. I attribute that to his clicker training. I try to do at least 30-40 mins total spread throughout the day with clicker commands and always try to "shape" him into a new command. I've underestimated his learning ability at his current age, it's crazy. The puppy "A.D.D." is still very present, but that's expected at only 11 weeks.

I'm really looking forward to his last distemper/parvo booster in a month, then he'll get the all-clear to head out in public areas and interact with strange dogs. For the time being I'm VERY selective about the dogs King interacts with aside from the pups in his class. I've been socializing him weekly with my friend who owns 2 champ border collies---both agility trained dogs as well. My friend has a huge grassy dog run they use to train and their collies just run the crap out of King, which I want lol. The Orijen feed has put his energy on another level! Panting puppy is a happy puppy.

Next set of pics will most likely be post ear work. He's getting a show crop done next week. I sent in his official UKC and ADBA registration the other day(both his parents were UKC/ADBA reg'd), so I'm hoping to participate in the local UKC sanctioned shows with him.

What brand fish oil were you using and how much/when were you administering it to Riley?

Lol, breeder tells me Tito is the scariest looking teddy bear they have haha
Leave his ears alone!!!! Poor dog... cutting more than half his ears off
Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #7411

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, he is a rat terrier, he is in perfect health. vet is amazed at how well his health is. he will prob live to be the oldest living dog ever, just to spite us
Smaller dogs do tend to live longer.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #7412
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
He looks like a sea lion haha.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #7413
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well, i never had issue with simon until after i started traveling with work. i would spend approx 9 months a year on the road and numerous different people watched him , this lasted for about 3 years. i no longer travel as of 2 years ago. some of which i am sure abused him in some way with either not feeding enough or pulling and or tied up by collar. what behaviors have started are peeing while in his crate. and some aggresive behaviors. for example, when going to bed in his crate, when told, he will go, and is obedient, but when he gets to the crate, he goes in and barks and shows all teeth and if a person were to put their hand in there, you would get bit. he has nipped a few times when i used a vacuum, but that has gone away. i used to also not be able to put a muzzle or collar or harness on him if it came off, and would have to drive to the vet to have it done, or else i would get bit trying. i can now get him collared with no issues. but the aggressive barking and potential risk of biting is still an issue. if you come between him and food, he shows signs of biting, but hasnt yet. when someone shows fear , he exploits its if he is barking. and it is scary to those who aren't familiar. he is 11 years old, 12 in september and me fiance and i are trying anything we can. thats it in a nutshell.
Poor pup!!! Hope you can work through his issues.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #7414
Never let your fear decide your fate
mommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shedmommehK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kel
mommehK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT Nate View Post
"Whatchu looking at Willis?" Good looking dog!!!

Nate
Haha thanks. I'm pretty sure he was saying "MOM! Less pics, more kibble in the kong plzkkthx"

He's gotten into a habit of flipping & trying to fold his bed before laying down. What a doofus! Heehee
Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #7415
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Turns out the problem with my Dutch Shephards ears were allergies. Not sure what from but they put some stuff in his ears that are apperently taking the itch away, His ears were flaking pretty bad so im glad hes got some relief.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #7416
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Poor pup!!! Hope you can work through his issues.
Trying too, just hope nature takes him out before we have kids , I can't put him out
Old 04-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #7417
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Trying too, just hope nature takes him out before we have kids , I can't put him out
Awe im sorry thats sad. But i think you should give him the best life possible and not worry about his behavior. Dont let him bite anyone and just keep him happy for as long as he has left.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #7418
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Awe im sorry thats sad. But i think you should give him the best life possible and not worry about his behavior. Dont let him bite anyone and just keep him happy for as long as he has left.
Yeah, it's a Ton more work, but he has very very happy days, but he just can't seem to snap out of this behavior.. Ugh 2 years of constant barking every night he goes to bed.. But I love the little fucker even if his joy is tainted . In sure he will last another 5 years at least
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #7419

Barking can drive a man nuts, My dog will bark at things that arent there CONSTANTLY lol and sometimes i understand why people go crazy lol, Especially those high pitched barks.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #7420
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Barking can drive a man nuts, My dog will bark at things that arent there CONSTANTLY lol and sometimes i understand why people go crazy lol, Especially those high pitched barks.
Yeah , a 17 lb rat terrier bark is brain wrenching lolol, but small price to pay to keep Simon alive

Products Discussed in this Thread