LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Pets

Notices

Lets See Your Dogs!!

Old 11-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #8441
Start every day with a smile and get it over with
Flynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: K9
Name: Ron
Flynbyu2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsauce View Post
This was the pup when we first brought him home at 6 weeks old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tLEAve4JzU

Now he just turned one year old, and I'm teaching him to move slowly when hunting. Ditch chickens beware!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fio92DiyAg0
Great video showing how instinctively the dog knows to put the rear paw down in the same spot the front was lifted from.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #8442
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
This is Bo my 4 year old Redbone Coonhound, he's about 150 pounds.

This is Bailey my 3 year old Golden Retriever. They were both born on 10/26 one year apart.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #8443
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
Joey Bourbon. 14 months.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #8444
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynbyu2 View Post
Great video showing how instinctively the dog knows to put the rear paw down in the same spot the front was lifted from.
Yeah he is definitely from a good line. Breeder is retiring from the business for a while though.

I switched him to the raw meaty diet recently and it has made him more focused and less hyper when we hunt. Never tried it before now, but never going back to kibble!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #8445
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dino
DirtyTacos's Tacoma Gallery
BOO the jack russell

Old 11-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #8446
cdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud ofcdowling has much to be proud of
Name: Chris
cdowling's Tacoma Gallery
Bella

Sometimes I let her drive
Old 11-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #8447
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
I just love coming home to this handsome fellow.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #8448
tacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
tacom08's Tacoma Gallery
Luna, 8.5 year old miniature poodle
Attached Thumbnails
Lets See Your Dogs!!-image.jpg  
Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #8449
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
This is my pup Kato

He's grown a bit since this one
Bad ass
Old 11-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #8450
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacom08 View Post
Luna, 8.5 year old miniature poodle
poor Luna, locked in a cage
Old 11-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #8451
tacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacom08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
tacom08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
poor Luna, locked in a cage
It's always open, she can come and go as she pleases. Most of the time she chooses to stay in.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #8452
Cold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MMC(SW) USN Ret.
Name: Mike
Cold Iron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsauce View Post
Yeah he is definitely from a good line. Breeder is retiring from the business for a while though.

I switched him to the raw meaty diet recently and it has made him more focused and less hyper when we hunt. Never tried it before now, but never going back to kibble!
A lot of Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever breeders are into the RAW diet, especially in Canada. About 10-12 years ago it really started to take off.

Nice dog! And I hope you have many years of great times with him. I've heard it said that bird dogs point and toilets flush but my Toller is an upland hunter. He is getting old but in the meantime I'm going to make the best of what little time I have left with him.
SD him and I going after ditch chickens. We do pinch ditches but most of the time are in the fields, it is some big country.

We also go after the limb chicken and do a lot of ruff grouse hunting in Mn. and Wi. Even get lucky and pull a double once in awhile. Although it his work and my luck that is the cause of it.

First week I got the AC Taco I ripped out the back seats, console and headrests to make a platform for him. The wood is sitting in the den right now waiting for the final coat of spar varnish to dry. This weekend will get it put together and mounted in the truck with a bench cushion for him. Like someone else said it is his truck anyhow he just lets me drive it.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #8453
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody here have a Carhartt dog bed? My pup has destroyed 3 or 4 cheap beds so far but they were made out of thinner fabrics. The carhartt beds are made the same way their jackets are made, so I figure they should be pretty durable. A lot less than some of the "chew resistant" beds ($50 vs $100+.)

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/s...harttSearchCmd
Old 11-08-2013, 07:30 AM   #8454
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a similar one from ll bean, seems to hold up really well. Though, you have to but the bed and the cover separately, so they're not cheap
Old 11-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #8455
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
Anybody here have a Carhartt dog bed? My pup has destroyed 3 or 4 cheap beds so far but they were made out of thinner fabrics. The carhartt beds are made the same way their jackets are made, so I figure they should be pretty durable. A lot less than some of the "chew resistant" beds ($50 vs $100+.)
$20. Costco.

The Carhartt is gonna shred just as easily as the cheap stuff. OK, it might take a bit longer
Old 11-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #8456
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Went out to Parkfield yesterday to have lunch and catch up with some friends. For those who might not know, Parkfield is about 30 miles away from anywhere and a spot where dogs sleep in the road (and don't move much when you drive by). If you live anywhere near there, go have a burger or a steak.

They have a fountain too. And look who's in it...

Old 11-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #8457
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
$20. Costco.

The Carhartt is gonna shred just as easily as the cheap stuff. OK, it might take a bit longer
I'm thinking that since the fabric is thicker he might have a more difficult time chewing through it so he'll just give up. We normally would just buy the cheap $10 beds at Tractor Supply but he can rip those up in about .3 seconds..
Old 11-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #8458

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
I'm thinking that since the fabric is thicker he might have a more difficult time chewing through it so he'll just give up. We normally would just buy the cheap $10 beds at Tractor Supply but he can rip those up in about .3 seconds..
Nah. My jacket isn't much thicker than Riley's dog bed. The other thing about those costco beds is they're filled with cedar chips-so he ends up smelling nicer

Have you tried giving him a Nylabone or something to chew on instead?
Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #8459
ridereno is a jewel in the roughridereno is a jewel in the roughridereno is a jewel in the roughridereno is a jewel in the rough
Coast Guard:
Name: Tom
ridereno's Tacoma Gallery
Sasha my Weimaraner

Old 11-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #8460
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I think he might be having fun in that last pic. Not 100% on that though.

Products Discussed in this Thread