Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Traveled about 6000 miles

Old 07-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Traveled about 6000 miles

Hey guys although im pretty new here its been awhile since ive been on since in the last 3 weeks I've driven/flown a combination of about 6000 miles to alaska through canada and back and then around alaska. Since I got my new camera and am just starting working on my "photography skills" I figured I'd post some up and show you guys a couple of the animals/scenery I saw and some attempts at up close pictures... Let me know what ya think or if you have any advice for future picture taking

and all of these pictures are straight off the camera without any editing

Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. What is that blue stuff on the honda?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Looks great. What is that blue stuff on the honda?
Thanks, It's 3m blue painters tape... I put it on the front for the 2500 mile drive from Spokane, Washington to Fairbanks, Alaska. Protected it from rock chips and made tearing off the bugs really easy haha. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Gah! I hate you! I'm so jealous. Excellent pics. Do you do that for a living? What allows you to travel so much?
Thank you! no not at all, I just bought the camera and am moving to fairbanks to go to the university of fairbanks but then flew back to spokane for a basketball tournament then to Juneau Alaska to visit family then back to fairbanks so thats where all the traveling came from.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #5
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
wow. your pictures turned out great. Was the basketball tournament you were talking about called "Hoopfest"?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:03 AM   #7

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I would like to visit Alaska one day and see all that wildlife. When is the ideal time to go?
Ideally anytime in the summer, although it's beautiful in the winter as well. Fairbanks and northern alaska get really cold in the winter like weeks at a time 30 below, but Juneau never gets that cold. Juneau is probably the most beautiful part of alaska I've been to so far which is where all the scenic pictures were took. Actually most of the wildlife I saw was through canada on the way up. Although if you want to see tons of bald eagles/go fish/see bears southeast alaska is your best bet...
Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #9

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
They don't really do it for me either after seeing so many, although I did see two fighting in the air while I was up there that was awesome to see but unfortunately failed to get any good pictures of it
Old 07-07-2010, 01:20 AM   #11

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't been to yellowstone, I have heard good things but haven't had a chance to make it there yet.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #13
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics, thanks for sharing!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #14
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Wow. Extremely amazing. I have always lived i big cities and never enough time to go see the American land. This makes me want to go even more. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice pics!