Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Having trouble posting sharp photos

Old 07-14-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Having trouble posting sharp photos

I have been battling with this problem for awhile now.

Some people can use flickr and their images turn out great but it doesn't matter which hosting website I use they won't come out nicely at all.

I have to use this blog site that I don't really like because my images expire after a few days...

Top is Flickr and bottom is the blog site. Any ideas why this happens?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i dont see a difference other than size
Old 07-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i dont see a difference other than size
They both look PERFECTLY sharp? The bottom one should but the top one, on my computer, looks washed out and not very sharp around edges of the truck.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Edges look soft in both pics...
Old 07-14-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Edges look soft in both pics...
Explain soft please?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not resizing the photo. I'm simply uploading it to flickr, choosing all sizes and posting the large version. There is no original option.

I'm using a Nikon D90.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #7
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Watermark is blury in the bottom
Old 07-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
the top image has been compressed in jpg format to allow for fast loading on web...

the file size of the image has been shrunk down to 53kb so it has lost quite a bit of data in the compression process...

the second file is a png format which is a lossless compression...

the file size of that one is 933kb so it contains more of your original data
Old 07-15-2010, 01:33 AM   #10
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
you also have a hot/red pixel
Old 07-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #11
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
I think your issue is letting flickr do the work. Websites royally screw up images and quality. Try resizing it in Photoshop, or one of the free equivelints like gimp. I also think that "hot" pixel is just a light, did you use a tripod?

http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-des...-to-photoshop/
Yes. I tried centering the truck over the lights.

So is there a website that won't shrink my images and keep them sharp or will I need to buy my own website to have that ability.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #12
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
The red light on the left.

Can you send me the raw file to take a look at?
Is that what you're thinking a hot pixel would be? It's a street light I'm pretty sure.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #13
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
Watermark is blury in the bottom
not really blurry - it's due to antialiasing (or however you spell it). common issue.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #14
ocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant future
ocabj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Yes. I tried centering the truck over the lights.

So is there a website that won't shrink my images and keep them sharp or will I need to buy my own website to have that ability.
I think the issue here is you're not linking to the originally uploaded version on your flickr account. While flickr will create lower-res version of your photo for you, it still has the original untouched photo as uploaded available for viewing.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:38 AM   #15
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj View Post
I think the issue here is you're not linking to the originally uploaded version on your flickr account. While flickr will create lower-res version of your photo for you, it still has the original untouched photo as uploaded available for viewing.
No because on the flickr website the photo looks just as sharp. The problem occurs when I embed them on TW.

See..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4542554...69164/sizes/l/