Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Some select photos from my portfolio

Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDMcompliant's Tacoma Gallery
Some select photos from my portfolio

Hey guys, here are some random photos that I've taken. I've been doing photography for a few years now, and it's been a fun hobby. I dabble in all sorts of photography, from portraits to candids, landscape to car photos.

FYI, I shoot with a Canon 5D Mk.ii, with mostly my Canon 24-70 f/2.8L and I do have my own lighting setup for my portrait photography.

Check out all my stuff here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/josell/

This is a self-portrait, promoting my services.

Candid of my ex (haha) at a wedding.

Taken from my driveway

On the 1 Highway

Taken of my friend for her graduation pictures (this was just for fun. haha)

Taken for my friend's acting headshots

Taken at a random beachside park

Some cherry blossoms in SF

San Diego skyline

Downtown San Diego

A self-portrait, testing lighting before a shoot

Guestbook from a friend's wedding at a winery

The Groom's accessories from the same wedding

This picture was just featured on Flickr's "Explore" group!

HQ: http://www.flickr.com/photos/josell/4982249904/

Full Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/josell/...th/5084786602/
Old 07-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
sick shots! those girls are fine, gimme some more pics of them in the.....nm....
Old 07-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Dope
Old 07-20-2010, 12:23 AM   #6
BLU06TACO Salty is on a distinguished road

Marines: SSgt, JCSE, 1st JCS
BLU06TACO Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done. My favorite is the 1 HWy pic. Beautiful.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
God of Thunder ...and Rock N' Roll!
JohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnnyGato is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JohnnyGato's Tacoma Gallery
Are you changing color tones in Photoshop? I'm a total amateur. I have a Canon Rebel and I wish my shots were half as good as yours!
Old 07-20-2010, 02:22 AM   #9
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Was fill flash used on the second to last pic? (girl in white dress)
Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #10
Professional Amateur
JDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcompliant is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDogg311 View Post
sickkkk shots!!! ... makes me wanna toss my lil sony cybershot =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Awesome stuff. Keep it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
Dope
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
Badass pics
thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU06TACO Salty View Post
Nicely done. My favorite is the 1 HWy pic. Beautiful.
yep, that's one of my favorites as well. but no matter how nice the picture is...nothing compares to being there in real life. beautiful stuff. quite a journey to get to that spot, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Was fill flash used on the second to last pic? (girl in white dress)
no fill was used, surprisingly. i shot in manual mode so the subject wouldn't be underexposed (since the light source [the sun] was behind the subject, the camera will assume that the photo is bright and underexpose the shot. in manual mode i'm able to expose my subject correctly)...composed the subject right over the sun to give her a nice rim light and (intentional) glare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGato View Post
Are you changing color tones in Photoshop? I'm a total amateur. I have a Canon Rebel and I wish my shots were half as good as yours!
thanks man! i do change my tones a little in photoshop to bring out some color, remove distracting colors, change levels a little. i always shoot in RAW format also, so that i have more control over exposure.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #11
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work man!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #12
i work for the Empire
JustTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Crew Chief A/R
Name: justin
JustTaco's Tacoma Gallery
those are great pics man love the one with the ar-15 if thats in cali i know thats not legal haha (unless it is a airsoft)
Old 07-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Those are really great shots!!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #15
Professional Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSTIZO99 View Post
Nice work man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
Those are really great shots!!
Thanks guys! Marlon that means alot coming from you haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTaco View Post
those are great pics man love the one with the ar-15 if thats in cali i know thats not legal haha (unless it is a airsoft)
haha correct sir. ARs are illegal here (lame) but that is an airsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Sace View Post
your landscape photos and that photo of your ex are really nice.
thank you! i love taking those types of pictures (landscapes and candids...not pictures of exs )
Old 07-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #16
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMcompliant View Post
Marlon that means alot coming from you haha.
You've got some skills dude, you need to post up some more of your shots bro! Your portrait work is great to look at, you def have your lighting down!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #17
♥ Emergency Medicine
m0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: B.S, NREMT
m0nster986's Tacoma Gallery
More!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #18
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
You've got some skills dude, you need to post up some more of your shots bro! Your portrait work is great to look at, you def have your lighting down!
sorry Im just jealous, LOL
Old 07-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #20
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
simply awesome
thank you for sharing