Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Sony NEX camera's

Old 07-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
MenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud ofMenaceAllen has much to be proud of

Name: Eric
MenaceAllen's Tacoma Gallery
Sony NEX camera's

I am thinking about purchasing a Sony NEX 3 for my birthday. Check them out they are 1/2 Point and Shoot & 1/2 DSLR. I would love to go with the NEX 5 but stupid Best Buy does not carry them yet. What do you photo people think of it?

For more info go to:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...X#/nex5Section
Old 07-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Not sure man. New technology, will have to really play with it to see if it's worth it.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
So after looking through specs, reviews etc., this looks like it might be a neat little gadget. It seems to have most everything a generic SLR has. The biggest con that people didn't like was the menu system. The biggest cons that I can foresee is the lack of aftermarket support, cost of additional lenses and flash systems.

In general and without physically playing with it, I think this could give you great pictures but if you want to seriously get into photography with flash and zoom lenses, you might as well spend your $600 on a real SLR.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
pretty cool camera...has a few drawbacks

I wouldn't get it unless you really couldn't carry a full size SLR though
Old 09-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
SUPER-ER MOD
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Sony Alpha SLR (A350) and while I love the camera (my 1st SLR) the one major drawback to it is that accessories are nearly impossible to find. The only lenses, flashes, etc that fit are made by Sony. No one locally carries Sony stuff so I'm left to get everything online (I do prefer to shop local as much as possible). While Sony is a great company, there are better lens manufacturers that I would prefer to buy but can't. If I were to purchase again, I would have gone with either Canon or Nikon just for that reason. I just didn't know any better at the time. So be warned that you will be limited in what accessories you can purchase.

In the case of the nex...I would be wary of it because its a brand new model with no track record and you are banking soley on Sony's reputation. I would say take the plunge and get a real SLR, whatever brand.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
For that price, I would just go with DSLR. If you want point and shoot flexibility, there's Nikon D5000 with picture quality comparable to higher models such as D90 and D300s. It shoots HD video too.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
dude those things are bad ass!!!

ive sold a few of them at best buy. theyre so sick. perfect if you dont need a full slr