Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

My new DSLR set up

Old 07-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
My new DSLR set up

So I have been researching these past 6 days about DSLRs and made a few purchases on eBay, tell me what yall think:
- Nikon D40 Body Only $315 shipped with 4gb memory card and all original items from box
- Nikon AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-200mm F/3.5-5.6 Lens for $499 shipped
- SLIK UNIVERAL U-212 DELUXE TRIPOD for $55.80 shipped

Total
- Nikon D40 with Nikon 18-200mm AF-S DX VR Lens and Slik Deluxe tripod
- $869.90 shipped
Old 07-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
That all sounds great!!! No, but I have no idea what your talking about. I just felt bad cause no one posted yet in your thread so I did.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ haha thx man! i guess i'll just wait for all the photography buffs to stumble on this
Old 07-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Nice... when are you going to start using it?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

It should arrive within 7 business days, so I will start using it as soon as it arrives

Cant wait to finally take decent pics of my truck instead of using my crappy iphone
Old 07-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you got some smokin' deals on that body and lens. That D40 is an intro SLR, but it will definitely take you far if you're willing to learn it. Good job on the price hunting and good luck with your new toys!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
vv I think it's growing
mreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shedmreimann is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mreimann's Tacoma Gallery
all the pics i've taken have been with a D40, you'll like it

nice lens to. i wish i had one better than the kit 18-55.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Lichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lichen's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty good deal. I recently switched to DSLR and what a difference it makes. I went with Olympus (less money). A whole new photographic world will open up to you.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
ROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to behold
Name: John
ROMbler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
... A whole new photographic world will open up to you.
X2

I love my DSLR! You are going to have a blast!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

so it arrived today!!! Im soo stoked!
Here are some pics of my truck with it:

Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 PM   #11
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
more pics or else ill cut you
Old 07-30-2010, 11:18 PM   #12
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
wow nice house...u must be loaded haha
Old 07-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBlack08 View Post
wow nice house...u must be loaded haha
im renting one room out of one of those houses
Old 07-30-2010, 11:23 PM   #14
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
im renting one room out of one of those houses
oh...it still looks huge lol
congrats on the camera stuff!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

some other angles and settings:

Old 07-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #16
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet now you need lights stands
Old 07-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #17
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks good
Old 07-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

thx Mark! I cant wait to take it to the X Games tomorrow, i got tickets to Rally Cross and I wanna get some sick pics
Old 07-30-2010, 11:37 PM   #19

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
I might go to!!!! Can you take a dslr there?
Old 07-30-2010, 11:45 PM   #20
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
I might go to!!!! Can you take a dslr there?
More Information:
No bottles, cans, or alcohol.
No baskets or coolers.
No cameras or recording devices at concerts!
Cameras allowed at sporting events only!

From their website