Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Just got my fist DSLR a couple weeks ago!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my fist DSLR a couple weeks ago!

I purchased a Canon Xsi a couple weeks ago based on the recommendation of a good friend who is a photographer. I only purchased the body as I wanted to eventually pick up a decent lens. I did pick up a Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens which retails for about $100.00. I bought this to hold me over until I can afford to purchase a decent lens. I've been quite impressed with this lens for the price I paid for it. Her are a few pics, & any feedback is appreciated:

Old 07-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #2
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, I especially like your nature pictures. That skyline one is awesome.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
lucky!!! Mine is still being shipped get some sick pics of ur truck!!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #4
Silver06Taco is on a distinguished road
Silver06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Gotta love a DSLR! I don't have one yet, but it is on my short list of items to buy.

Nice pictures! I agree with PB65stang, the skyline picture is very good.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, I like the panning one
Old 07-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
ocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant future
ocabj's Tacoma Gallery
The Canon 50mm f/1.8 is a surprisingly good lens for the price. It's $100 and it's all plastic, but it's fairly sharp wide open.

For that matter, the 50mm offerings from Canon or Nikon are great lenses, especially for APS-C sensors. So there isn't really a reason to not have a 50mm in your kit.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #7
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Ewwwwww Cannon

jk

I've got a Nikon D3000 with a couple lenses. DSLR FTMFW!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
You got some good photos there just try to pay a bit more attention to your composition as to try to avoid cropping out body parts such as limbs and parts of the face. I think you did a smart thing by buying the body only to avoid the kit lens to save for one of better quality. You can't beat the nifty fifty for its price. Its build quality is far from the best but its image quality is surprisingly good for a lens of its speed. At f/4 and smaller it is pretty darn sharp, wide open it is soft but it is a great portrait and landscape lens. Its slow, noisy autofocus makes it not so great for getting shots of fast moving subjects and in low light situations the AF seems to hunt a lot making it a bit of a pain but when it does focus its large aperture makes a big difference in the low light conditions. The cheap, 5-blade aperture can also cause some interesting and even distracting bokeh if you're not careful.

That being said it is a great lens for the money and can take some great photos

Old 07-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
nice pics! Im hoping to get a cannon rebel for my bday so i can be part of the cool kids dslr camera club
Old 07-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Are they blurry or it just me?
Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 AM   #11
kraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shedkraaazymike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kraaazymike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post

These are a half to full stop underexposed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
Are they blurry or it just me?
Most of them are blurry.

Without exif info it's hard to tell if it's user error or web compression.

Cummins6speed left his intact. So I can tell him that instead of shooting 200/sec, a 150/sec might have yielded better results for the first one and 200/sec for the second one. Those histograms are leaning pretty far to the left.