Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

SiRMarlon's Random Pictures

Old 08-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
SiRMarlon's Random Pictures

Looks like my 50mm 1.4 was defective and I was able to get it replaced... my shots for some reason were showing a lot of noise as of late so after complaining with Nikon for a few days I got my replacement today! and I am very happy with the results of the new lens! No more necessary noise in my shots (unless I up the ISO myself) some randoms from playing around this morning!

Ring Ring!

Survival Tool!

My Fav Mags!

My name is what...?

It says it ends 2012???

Who doesn't love Pie?

Nice Doggy!!

Dishwasha Doggy!!

Old 08-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice photos as always
Old 08-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, yeah the other was grainy
Old 08-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
I knew something was wrong with that lens!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Took my nieces and nephew to the park today...I wanted to continue testing out the lens. Can you blame me? LOL!!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
damn..i need one of these...how muchy?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
The Photo Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
damn..i need one of these...how muchy?
You can get a 50mm 1.8 for like $100 but I bought my 50mm 1.4 for about $380
Old 08-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I know nothing about photography but those are some awesome shots!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #9
The Photo Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I know nothing about photography but those are some awesome shots!
Thanks Steve!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #10
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
damn...how you do that
Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 PM   #11
The Photo Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
damn...how you do that
I point, and I shoot!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #12
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
I point, and I shoot!
yeah yeah, i do the same but nowhere close to what you shoot haha
Old 08-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #13
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice shots. I'm digging that lens....may need to look at picking it up sometime in the future when I get some spare cash.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #14
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
the 50mm 1.4 is a great lens. its what i use for my portrait shots.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #15
The Photo Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
the 50mm 1.4 is a great lens. its what i use for my portrait shots.
Yup! It's the only one I use for portraits! Awesome lens...the 50mm 1.8 is just as great only reason I bought the 1.4 over the 1.8 is because I wanted the new G lens
Old 08-22-2010, 04:24 AM   #16
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, Nice photos- I love how you capture so much light falling on your subjects.

I have a D90 with the 18-105 kit lens. It takes awesome snapshots, but I am having trouble being really creative with it. I learned photography on a manual Pentax K1000.

I think getting some new glass might help- choosing the lens helps me focus on what I am trying to capture in a shot. Obviously a 50mm is a next purchase- any recommendations for a third lens?
Old 08-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
The Photo Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hilux View Post
Wow, Nice photos- I love how you capture so much light falling on your subjects.

I have a D90 with the 18-105 kit lens. It takes awesome snapshots, but I am having trouble being really creative with it. I learned photography on a manual Pentax K1000.

I think getting some new glass might help- choosing the lens helps me focus on what I am trying to capture in a shot. Obviously a 50mm is a next purchase- any recommendations for a third lens?
It all depends on what you are really trying to do...your 18-105 covers a broad range, a fixed 50 will be nice for portrait shots other then those 2 I don't see what else you would need. Unless you want to start buying some fast lens's
Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 AM   #19
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, the 18-105 covers a good range, but it is not very fast.

I realize that the learning curve going from a manual camera to one as sophisticated as the D90 is a big step. Probably I should practice using it on manual until I get used to all the features.

I am thinking in the future of getting a 50mm and a fast 80-200mm (as funds allow)