Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

First shot at HDR

Old 09-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
First shot at HDR

I just got Photoshop CS5 so i thought i would give the HDR a shot.
its very simple and pretty fun.
what do you think?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i did another one from inside my house and it turned out sweet but my photobucket is acting weird...
Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
3 or more pix?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
It's a nice image and well suited to HDR. If you're looking for constructive input, I have an opinion on a few steps I would take if it was my image. I'll post them if you're interested. Otherwise, I'll keep my pie-hole shut.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
3 or more pix?
like 7 lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
It's a nice image and well suited to HDR. If you're looking for constructive input, I have an opinion on a few steps I would take if it was my image. I'll post them if you're interested. Otherwise, I'll keep my pie-hole shut.
please! i know its a little over done but all constructive criticism is welcome!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
more
(overdone)

(overdone)

i like this one
Old 09-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
wanna come up to the oc and do a photoshoot of my truck
Old 09-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8_BEAST View Post
wanna come up to the oc and do a photoshoot of my truck
OC.....i would be down!
maybe we could like....meet halfway
Old 09-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

San Onofre!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i could do that! you can pay for my lunch
Old 09-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
MASTER CHIEF

if Ryan hands over the pants
Old 09-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
......what about ryan?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
MASTER CHIEF

lol when he bought you breakfast in the live thread he said he wears the pants in the relationship
Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
hahahahahhahahaha oh yeah you can have the pants .....

Old 09-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #16
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
High dynamic range
Old 09-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #17
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
what is HDR? they just announced ios 4.1 for iphone today and it says that the camera will be able to take HDR photos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

EDIT: you beat me
Old 09-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #18
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
First image: You did capture lots of range, but I think the final image appears a little flat. It might be helped by a black heavy s-curve to boost the contrast, or you could simply clip the blacks 20-30 and apply a slight s-curve. Or, maybe try an Exposure offset of -0.035 or greater. (Try the black point eye-dropper tool on the darkest area of the image - an area that you know is actually black.) You will lose some of your dynamic range, but I think the image will present better - more naturally. IMO, shadows need to look shaded - like the shadow under the car in the second image. But, if you like it as is, that's what's important!

You do have more contract in the additional images (the fountain image needs a bit more) and they are looking real good. But these are just my opinions, and art appeals differently to all of us. Others will disagree with my opinions ... and they can kiss my ass.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #20
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
First image: You did capture lots of range, but I think the final image appears a little flat. It might be helped by a black heavy s-curve to boost the contrast, or you could simply clip the blacks 20-30 and apply a slight s-curve. Or, maybe try an Exposure offset of -0.035 or greater. (Try the black point eye-dropper tool on the darkest area of the image - an area that you know is actually black.) You will lose some of your dynamic range, but I think the image will present better - more naturally. IMO, shadows need to look shaded - like the shadow under the car in the second image. But, if you like it as is, that's what's important!

You do have more contract in the additional images (the fountain image needs a bit more) and they are looking real good. But these are just my opinions, and art appeals differently to all of us. Others will disagree with my opinions ... and they can kiss my ass.
thanks brotha man! i just dont know what the point of overdone is...(i mean obviously there is a point) what is that point after true HDR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
ahh ok, thanks for the info.

oh and your pics are sweet as aways
no worries and thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICOMA View Post
Nice pictures. I have photomatix pro, I generally use 3 pictures...but I have no idea what I am doing. I need time to play with it more.
thanks Tri.
ive never used photomatix pro...PS CS5 does a great job with making it very simple