Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Blurred License Plate Newbie Question

Old 10-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SmilingMark's Tacoma Gallery
Blurred License Plate Newbie Question

Okay, dumb question I'm sure, but I notice that most folks on here are blurring out or coving thier license plate numbers. I'm sure it's some sort of identity protection, but I'm curious what the general thoughts are for reasoning? Can't anyone on the street see your tags?

Just curious...
Old 10-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
Hillbilly 4X4
Pat 13 is a name known to allPat 13 is a name known to allPat 13 is a name known to allPat 13 is a name known to allPat 13 is a name known to allPat 13 is a name known to all

Pat 13's Tacoma Gallery
Stalkers...everywhere.

Some states you can find out the registered owners info...wouldn’t want you to just show up at my door...might get shot.

jk
Old 10-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
It is a privacy thing.
No reason to give today's thief anymore ammo.
I just don't include it in the picture. The internet is too powerful a tool.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I don't blur mine.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
For me it's like, I can see why one wouldn't because people see your licence plate everytime you go out and drive, so what's the difference.

On the other hand though, it's the internet so you can never be too careful and that's why I always choose to black out my plates.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
Yo Taco!
willtotheumm is just really nicewilltotheumm is just really nicewilltotheumm is just really nicewilltotheumm is just really nice

Name: Will
willtotheumm's Tacoma Gallery
I try to blur mine out too whenever I post a picture up.

Too many crazies out there. Haha
Old 10-29-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
So do it when they are doing something stupid. I can understand doing that since you don't want to provide the police with a nifty self titled incriminating picture or video.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:17 PM   #8
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
I do it if its not my vehicle
Old 10-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #9
dirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to behold
EMS: paramedic
dirtytaco2010's Tacoma Gallery
too many psychos and if you show up to my house unannounced you meet my gun and god tell me what he's like.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
Beerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Beerrun's Tacoma Gallery
You're an EMS Paramedic and you shoot people when they come to your door? Remind me to stay out of your neighborhood.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #11
WABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to beholdWABOOM is a splendid one to behold
WABOOM's Tacoma Gallery
we drive around town and country every day and everyone can see our plates then, so whats the diff.?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #13
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerrun View Post
You're an EMS Paramedic and you shoot people when they come to your door? Remind me to stay out of your neighborhood.
its okay if he shoots you and he realized that it was a mistake he'll fix you right up!