Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Strobe Talk

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Strobe Talk

Lets talk about strobes,flashes,ect here

Sweet setup

Quote:
Gear: Canon 40D, 135mm f2, 3x AB800s, 3x Cybersync Triggers, Vagabond II
Strobist: 2x AB800 camera left @ 1/8, 1x AB800 camera right @ 1/8, F2.2 @ 1/250th, ISO 100
I was shooting much farther back and to the right, obviously, since I was using a 135mm prime lens. I framed the front quarter of the car against the factory in the background. Looking at the photo, you should be able to figure it out.
You can get a general idea of how I use a basic three light setup in this photo. Three AB800s, two camera left, and one camera right. I shot them at a relatively low power so that I could use a wide aperture and get a nice depth of field.
You'll see the mess of chords, power strip, and vagabond towards the bottom right of the photo. Excellent for shooting on location, but setup times can be longer than expected due to all the wires
Old 11-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery

"
Quote:
The G35, as well as about 300 feet of extension cords.
Strobist: Do I really have to put my setup in words? It's all in the pic.... Oh well, I guess if I must......
Three strobes triggered wirelessly firing into umbrellas on tripods and lightstands pointed at the car on full power.
As seen on www.culturegarage.com"
Old 11-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #3

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Strobe info:
Vivtiar 285hv full power camera left pointed at rear tyre
Vivtiar 285hv full power camera right up high pointing down on bonnet and front guard
Old 11-07-2010, 05:19 PM   #4

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I need more strobes and more tripods. Why are all my hobbies so expensive
Old 11-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #6

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
I need more strobes and more tripods. Why are all my hobbies so expensive

tell me about it, i ride dirtbikes&this
Old 11-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #7

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and i have to feed my addiction
Old 11-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
x3...why cant i play soccer or some shit like that. instead i pick the most expensive, snowboarding, mx, mtb, photography....
Ey soccer can cost a shitload if u do it right
Old 11-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #9

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x3...why cant i play soccer or some shit like that. instead i pick the most expensive, snowboarding, mx, mtb, photography....

cause regular sports suck
Old 11-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #10
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan View Post
Maybe if you put a field in your backyard
Old 11-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #11

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesFan View Post

yeah some soccer cleats are expensive

HEY

Old 11-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
tell me about it, i ride dirtbikes&this
Don't forget about the truck
Old 11-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #13

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
Don't forget about the truck

LOL you going to the superstition meet?
Old 11-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #14

Quote:
LOL you going to the superstition meet?
When and where?
Old 11-07-2010, 05:44 PM   #15

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ocal-meet.html
Old 11-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #17

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2
Old 11-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #18

Quote:
I think I will have to put it in my calendar
Old 11-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #19
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
you said ect so im gonna put this here haha, what do you guys think about this remote?

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-RC-2-Wi.../ref=pd_cp_p_1
Old 11-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #20

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
you said ect so im gonna put this here haha, what do you guys think about this remote?

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-RC-2-Wi.../ref=pd_cp_p_1

what is it? Shutter remote?

Products Discussed in this Thread