Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Gr8White's Newbie Photo Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Gr8White's Newbie Photo Thread

Got my D3000 a few weeks ago with the 18-55 VR kit lense. Absolutely love it! Thought I'd share some of my photo's with yall. C&C is more than welcome. Enjoy

post more up later.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
CelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kate
CelticTaco151's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome pics.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Few more for today. Just some samples of different stuff i've shot

Old 11-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
bishes love my haircut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticTaco151 View Post
Awesome pics.
Thanks
Old 11-09-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
CelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCelticTaco151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kate
CelticTaco151's Tacoma Gallery
Dog is my favorite! but I am biased...lol
Old 11-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Nice shots i love the painting with light shots.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #7
bishes love my haircut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticTaco151 View Post
Dog is my favorite! but I am biased...lol
well i put the cruddy pic up of him. that one is blurry as crud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Nice shots i love the painting with light shots.
yeah i figured out how do to it pretty quick. i need to try it again and get more creative sometime bc I did those like the 2nd night i had it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
great pictures
thanks buddy!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
JML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud of

JML50's Tacoma Gallery
Newb pics my ass...they look damn good to me. I am looking into getting a DSLR and debating between the d3000 or the 3100. Where those taken in auto mode or did you shoot manual? How easy was the nikon to get used to?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
bishes love my haircut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JML50 View Post
Newb pics my ass...they look damn good to me. I am looking into getting a DSLR and debating between the d3000 or the 3100. Where those taken in auto mode or did you shoot manual? How easy was the nikon to get used to?
Thanks man. I shot with a point n shoot before this so i kinda knew what i was doing. Some of these were in auto. Most were in a "scene" mode like portait landscapes, and sports. The ones of the falls, the sunset down the road, and the driveway pic of the taco were in manual mode. I'm still learning manual mode because I really wanna get into a career with photography involved because i love photography, editing, film, and all that visual arts stuff.
EDIT: BTW and FWIW I really thought I would use the GUIDE mode a lot, but quite frankly I haven't used it all that much because it almost dumbs photography down a little too much for me
Old 11-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #10
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
very nice, Really enjoyed the scenery pics. Looks like a beautiful spot you live in
Old 11-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
bishes love my haircut

Thanks man. Yeah its beautiful up in the mountains. I got lucky with those shots bc a huge storm came thru and knocked off the trees right as I was coming off the mountain
Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
nice pictures man. how are you liking the d3000?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #13
bishes love my haircut

I'm absolutely loving it. I don't regret it at all!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteTaco View Post
I'm absolutely loving it. I don't regret it at all!
nice, haha im glad im not the only one, i just got one and its awesome, i just wish i had more money, i cant decide what lens to get next!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #15
bishes love my haircut

I know the feeling lol. Id like to get a better closeup/macro lens and a higher zoom lens bc I keep finding myself wanting to get super close to objects but I can only focus so close. The kit lense is great nonetheless
Old 11-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #16

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know the feeling lol. Id like to get a better closeup/macro lens and a higher zoom lens bc I keep finding myself wanting to get super close to objects but I can only focus so close. The kit lense is great nonetheless
thats exactly how i feel about zooming haha but yeah it is definitely a good lens for the price of the kit. ive been looking around for a 55-200 and ive found quite a few for around 100 which seems like a pretty good price but idk
Old 11-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #17
bishes love my haircut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
thats exactly how i feel about zooming haha but yeah it is definitely a good lens for the price of the kit. ive been looking around for a 55-200 and ive found quite a few for around 100 which seems like a pretty good price but idk
just make that A) its a VR model or B) carry a tripod bc stability makes the all the difference
Old 11-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #18

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just make that A) its a VR model or B) carry a tripod bc stability makes the all the difference
yeah im definitely gonna get a VR lens, and my tripod should get here on monday, do you use a tripod?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #19
bishes love my haircut

Only when i need to like when I slow the shutter down to get the waterfall pics and time lapses other than that I try to find a steady position to hold the camera and just go at it.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #20

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only when i need to like when I slow the shutter down to get the waterfall pics and time lapses other than that I try to find a steady position to hold the camera and just go at it.
oh okay, your waterfall pics are nice btw.