Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Choose my next lens

Old 11-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Choose my next lens

I am willing to spend roughly $250-350 on my next lens...

I use a D90 body and own an 18-55mm and 70-300mm lens.

What should I put next in my quiver?

18-70mm - http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc....5G-IF-ED.html (this one is a little out of my price range but I would sell my 18-55mm probably)

35mm - http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc...%252F1.8G.html

Open to suggestions? Pros/Cons, Advantages to each.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Sigma 18-200 on my D90. It is a GREAT quality lens. It gives you wide angle and zoom in a single lens with image stability!! Now I don't have to swap lenses!

Here is a 4 or 5 page review.

Oh .... This lens is about $575 in Canada so a bit cheaper in the USA probably. Great deal!!! Excellent quality ... I believe that it's more durable than the Nikon lenses.

Cheers.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Out of the 2 I. Would get the 35 but I would really just save and get the 50mm 1.4
Old 11-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Out of the 2 I. Would get the 35 but I would really just save and get the 50mm 1.4
Can you explain why? I'm not to up on my tech

Can I use a FX format lens?

What is the difference between these two?
http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc...tTabs.Overview
http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Produc...%252F1.4G.html
Old 11-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
why would you get the 18-70? its almost like the kit len
Old 11-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Primes for the win!

If you are not using a full frame camera I would get the 35. If full frame get a 50