LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

you know how everyone says buy lenses first?...

Old 11-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
you know how everyone says buy lenses first?...

well this video is a perfect example.
<3 digitalrev
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk5IM...eature=channel
Old 11-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
that guy was so funny, but actually gave a good amount of information
Old 11-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
so a cheap body is better with pro lenses?
Old 11-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
even the "cheapo" camera in the vid was 900-1000$
Old 11-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

3:22 SOOOO CLOSE

omg 7:48....so good
Old 11-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
even the "cheapo" camera in the vid was 900-1000$

As far as image sensor goes...the difference between that camera and an xti there is no difference....so no difference in image quality...its to prove a point.

The best part is. "Lenses last forever, bodies will always get out dated"

Sent from my Droid using your mom.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
As far as image sensor goes...the difference between that camera and an xti there is no difference....so no difference in image quality...its to prove a point.

The best part is. "Lenses last forever, bodies will always get out dated"

Sent from my Droid using your mom.

i get what your saying but i dont see how that is... the 550d is an 18MP sensor and the XTi is 10.1MP

i agree that better lens takes better pictures. but i just hought it funny the cheap camera is still a grand lol

its a good point that lenses dont usually go out of date...
Old 11-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i get what your saying but i dont see how that is... the 550d is an 18MP sensor and the XTi is 10.1MP

i agree that better lens takes better pictures. but i just hought it funny the cheap camera is still a grand lol

its a good point that lenses dont usually go out of date...
Pixels mean nothing as far as picture quality
Oh and they could be the same sensor just one has more pixels crammed on it...
I can get just as sharp/good of a photo with my 12mp d700 if not better than a 21mp 5d mkII

Sent from my Droid using your mom
Old 11-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #9

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pixels mean nothing as far as picture quality
Oh and they could be the same sensor just one has more pixels crammed on it...
I can get just as sharp/good of a photo with my 12mp d700 if not better than a 21mp 5d mkII

Sent from my Droid using your mom
gotcha, very informative thank you. I need to upgrade to a good dslr. thinking of something like the nikon d90 or maybe spend a bit more for the d7000

or save the money and go d90 with good glass

how can you tell the difference between glass for quality?

price lol? like a sigma 22-200 for $220<

compared to nikon 22-200 for $800
Old 11-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with 100% I have said it a thousand a good pro lens will do way better then a pro body with a kit lens.

And the same with the MP's I love how the Canon guys say how many MP's there bodes have or ask me how much mine has. It's all not about MP's the only thing I like about high MP's is your able to crop more. But I don't print much unless it's wedding photos and I have printed a 40"x60" with my little 12.3 MP camera and it had no loss of detail.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #11
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I agree with 100% I have said it a thousand a good pro lens will do way better then a pro body with a kit lens.

And the same with the MP's I love how the Canon guys say how many MP's there bodes have or ask me how much mine has. It's all not about MP's the only thing I like about high MP's is your able to crop more. But I don't print much unless it's wedding photos and I have printed a 40"x60" with my little 12.3 MP camera and it had no loss of detail.

What cam are you using? D90, D300?
Old 11-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
What cam are you using? D90, D300?

D300s
Old 11-27-2010, 03:42 AM   #13
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Great video.

But I really do like my Cheapo 550d. It's a great camera. I have no regrets getting it
Old 11-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #14
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
lol yeah AND if you cant get your pics right on the frame THE FIRST TIME, meaning you have to go back and crop? you shouldnt be spending thousands on a body anyway
Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 AM   #15
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

how can you tell the difference between glass for quality?

price lol? like a sigma 22-200 for $220<

compared to nikon 22-200 for $800

THIS ^^^^^ I would like to know as well.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #16
ocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant future
ocabj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol yeah AND if you cant get your pics right on the frame THE FIRST TIME, meaning you have to go back and crop? you shouldnt be spending thousands on a body anyway
Actually, I have a problem with how I crop when I take the actual shot.

Pretty much all of our dSLRs use 1.5:1 ratio sensors. When I'm photographing, I have the tendency of maximizing the frame. I compose the shot so it looks great in 1.5:1.

But when I have to render 8x10 prints for some models (since most people still use 8x10 for printed portfolios) that same shot I took doesn't look as great in 1.25:1 ratio.

I'm trying to make the concerted effort to compose my portraits with 8x10 in mind.