Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2010, 05:01 AM   #21
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one from the Thanksgiving trip to Talladega, AL and Amelia Island and Orlando, FL..............

Old 12-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #22
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #23
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Alright I got a question for the pros or the more experienced photographers. How do you set up your pictures? Do you look at something and visualize the picture in your head and then take it? Or do you just take random pictures and they turn out amazing? (not saying all your photos are random...just a figure of speech)
Old 12-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #24
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Old 12-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #25
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
Alright I got a question for the pros or the more experienced photographers. How do you set up your pictures? Do you look at something and visualize the picture in your head and then take it? Or do you just take random pictures and they turn out amazing? (not saying all your photos are random...just a figure of speech)
well for me...that last photo, my keyboard was just sitting there. so was my camera so i shot it.....anything else im usually out shooting.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #26
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good man. So another question how do you save your pictures on your card...my camera is set on raw, and Im assuming I should use something esle?
Old 12-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #27
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm far from a pro but yes, occasionally I just see something that says, take a picture of me...

I also use the philosophy of, if you can't shoot well, shoot a lot.

That rule can be applied in other places in life as well.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #28
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds good man. So another question how do you save your pictures on your card...my camera is set on raw, and Im assuming I should use something esle?

I use jpeg, the noobs use raw
Old 12-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #29
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
I use jpeg, the noobs use raw
dont listen to conekiller...he doesnt know what he's talking about

keep your camera on raw, youre camera captures ALL photo information (jpeg throws away pixels), wich in turn means a higher quality photo
Old 12-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #30
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XTaco View Post
I'm far from a pro but yes, occasionally I just see something that says, take a picture of me...

I also use the philosophy of, if you can't shoot well, shoot a lot.

That rule can be applied in other places in life as well.
haha i like that philosophy haha probably cause i use it too
Old 12-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #31
Dreamer
TexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud of

Name: Kellan
TexasBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one of mine. Slow exposure of a street performer with glowing LED sticks.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #32
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post

keep your camera on raw, youre camera captures ALL photo information (jpeg throws away pixels), wich in turn means a higher quality photo
Alright man thanks. I wasn't sure. How do you resize your photos cause when I posted it on here it was this huge picture?

I know these are such basic stupid questions but they are very knowledgable to me cause im just gettin started.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #33
Dreamer
TexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud ofTexasBlue has much to be proud of

Name: Kellan
TexasBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post

In my opinion, choosing RAW or JPEG really depends on what you're doing with the photos. JPEG will be fine most of the time, especially if you're not wanting to do a lot of post-processing. As mentioned, JPEG compression is "lossy", that is it discards information during the compression. However, it's not so much as to make your photos look worse per se, especially at higher resolutions.

RAW files are significantly better if you want to do a lot of tweaking, but they're also very large files. Keep in mind the amount of hard drive space this will take up over time if you shoot all your photos in RAW.

A nice option that a lot of DSLRs have is to always save JPEG and RAW files. This allows you to keep the JPEG of most of your photos to save space, but also to have the RAW files for the ones you really love.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #34
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright man thanks. I wasn't sure. How do you resize your photos cause when I posted it on here it was this huge picture?

I know these are such basic stupid questions but they are very knowledgable to me cause im just gettin started.
i have a preset size on photobucket so when it uploads it uploads to that size
Old 12-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #35
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlue View Post
In my opinion, choosing RAW or JPEG really depends on what you're doing with the photos. JPEG will be fine most of the time, especially if you're not wanting to do a lot of post-processing. As mentioned, JPEG compression is "lossy", that is it discards information during the compression. However, it's not so much as to make your photos look worse per se, especially at higher resolutions.

RAW files are significantly better if you want to do a lot of tweaking, but they're also very large files. Keep in mind the amount of hard drive space this will take up over time if you shoot all your photos in RAW.

A nice option that a lot of DSLRs have is to always save JPEG and RAW files. This allows you to keep the JPEG of most of your photos to save space, but also to have the RAW files for the ones you really love.

2+
Old 12-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #36
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
2+
except not because you never shoot raw
Old 12-02-2010, 01:33 AM   #37

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
using a strobe

Old 12-02-2010, 01:38 AM   #38

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
shot this with my friend's Canon last year..... holy ISO

love this shot
Old 12-02-2010, 02:02 AM   #39
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some of mine photos taken with the Canon t2i.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #40

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery

friend shot this

Products Discussed in this Thread