Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #10501
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery

Testing the new camera.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #10502
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I've had my eye on the 10-24 for a while now. That'll be my next lens for sure. I definitely use my 70-300 WAY more than I thought I would, and more than any other lens I have. Who'd'a thunk it. Followed by my 16-85, great range for a walk-around.
Which 70-300mm do you have? I have a 55-300mm but it's a F1:4.5-5.6 want something faster. My recent favorite is a 35mm F1:1.8.

But I'm eyeing 12-24mm F/4 right now. It'll be good for some long exposure stuff I've been wanting to play with.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #10503
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post

Testing the new camera.
The eclipse paintballs with the camera lens cover is BADASS if i could i would totally have that as my background on my 27" iMac i wish it didnt have such weird dimensions though.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #10504
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Which 70-300mm do you have? I have a 55-300mm but it's a F1:4.5-5.6 want something faster. My recent favorite is a 35mm F1:1.8.

But I'm eyeing 12-24mm F/4 right now. It'll be good for some long exposure stuff I've been wanting to play with.
4.5 - 5.6, I'm a sub-$1,000 lens kind of guy ha I do enjoy my 1.8s as well.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #10505
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
4.5 - 5.6, I'm a sub-$1,000 lens kind of guy ha I do enjoy my 1.8s as well.
check out Sigma's new 18-35 f1.8 zoom lens that is coming out real soon

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._8_dc_hsm.html
Old 06-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #10506
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Any interest in 6 week old T3i with 18-55 IS and 50 1.8?
Old 06-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #10507
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
check out Sigma's new 18-35 f1.8 zoom lens that is coming out real soon

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._8_dc_hsm.html
I've seen that announced and discussed in quite a few places. I'm curious what they'll have the technology to do in 25 years or so ha.

I've got that range covered and honestly don't mind the lenses I have. I understand they could be better, trust me. I shoot with my buddies 2.8 lenses when we go out together and the difference is obvious. But I don't mind being light weight and saving some coin. I'm just enjoying the process and the product I would like a weather sealed body soon, I've felt sketchy shooting outdoors in dusty or wet environments.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #10508
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Took a few okay pics, no editing done and most were taken in auto really quickly.

MQ9 Reaper

Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #10511
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Where were you 5 months ago

Gorgeous!!
X2
Old 06-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #10512
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
My work just had a photography contest for the employees, there were 15 entrants with thirty images total, this image took first.

Now that is an amazing photo, Clearly can see why it took first place... Its almost unreal... Very amazing photo.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #10513
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
MQ9 Reaper

AKA the flying bread stick

Some nice shots there, you may want to play with opening up the aperture or going with slower shutter speeds.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #10514
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AKA the flying bread stick

Some nice shots there, you may want to play with opening up the aperture or going with slower shutter speeds.

Thanks! Yeah, like I said I think I had it either setup for landscape pictures or in auto when I took that pic.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #10515

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
One from tonight.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #10516

Quote:
One from tonight.

I think if you got more of the Tacoma front end and sunset and just had the water tower kind of peeking in on your corner it would have looked less crowded on the right side, don't get me wrong it's a great looking photo! Just advice from an outsider eye.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #10517
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
was at Mt Rainier National Park today, took this with my nikon d7100

thoughts? suggestions? only just now been getting into photography so i am still learning
Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #10518
XxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
XxBlackout's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187 View Post
was at Mt Rainier National Park today, took this with my nikon d7100

thoughts? suggestions? only just now been getting into photography so i am still learning
Not bad. The same shot would look great if you used shutter priority mode and slowed it down around 1/10 shutter speed (+/- depending on lighting) to give the water this type of look:

Old 06-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #10519
XxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxBlackout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
XxBlackout's Tacoma Gallery
The Washington Monument last week:

Washington Monument June 2013 by Fire_For_Effect, on Flickr
Old 06-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #10520
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBlackout View Post
Not bad. The same shot would look great if you used shutter priority mode and slowed it down around 1/10 shutter speed (+/- depending on lighting) to give the water this type of look:

yup! i agree, have not read that far in the manual yet to know what im doing haha. and i would want a tripod to steady the shot more

Products Discussed in this Thread