Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #10541
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
My sweet Kelsey, 7 yrs old next week Golden Retriever, went through surgery today to remove a mammary gland tumor (smaller than golf ball size) and came through it like a trooper. Here she is standing in the kitchen still a little woosey... she has since settled down now back in her home and is resting comfortably tonight. (I used a SB-800 on the Fuji X100S and bounced the light off the ceiling for illumination taking this handheld.)
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #10542
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Some pics I've taken over the past few days... Definitely not the best, but I'm still learning.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #10543
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Nice pictures! Something about the sky and rooftop on this picture though that just doesn't seem right. Too much saturation, maybe?

I am a amateur myself and do some editing but just throwing out my .02
Old 06-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #10544
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Nice pictures! Something about the sky and rooftop on this picture though that just doesn't seem right. Too much saturation, maybe?

I am a amateur myself and do some editing but just throwing out my .02
Yeah, you're probably right. That was the day my photo editor was acting up and over-sharpening my photos as well. But, the roof was an odd color, bright color green as well. Not the forest green you would expect, more blue/green. Here is the original.
Attached Thumbnails
The *Official Photography Thread*-dsc_0415.jpg  
Old 06-26-2013, 05:28 AM   #10545
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good PC. Really digging the moon shot. Did you shoot that on a tripod? And looks like you need to turn your ISO down for those shots, lots of noise in the sky.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #10546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Looking good PC. Really digging the moon shot. Did you shoot that on a tripod? And looks like you need to turn your ISO down for those shots, lots of noise in the sky.
Thanks!

No that was shot without a tripod. It was on of the only ones of the moon that came out halfway decent. I have no idea how to set up for night shots like that yet.

Hmm, thanks for the tip! Helps give me an idea on what ISO actually does. Haha
Old 06-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #10547
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Got these in today Can't wait to put them to use

Old 06-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #10548
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Thanks!

No that was shot without a tripod. It was on of the only ones of the moon that came out halfway decent. I have no idea how to set up for night shots like that yet.

Hmm, thanks for the tip! Helps give me an idea on what ISO actually does. Haha
definitely use a tripod, its basically the only way to use a low ISO at night since you will need a longer shutter speed to get better exposure. great shots though, looks like a live in a great area for photography
Old 07-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #10549
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
Got these in today Can't wait to put them to use

What did you get.......??
Old 07-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #10550
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little teaser picture of my truck shoot with my girlfriend. Wish I brought out more lights. Next time will be way better for sure.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #10551
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tundra13 View Post
What did you get.......??
Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 and Nikon MC-36A remote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #10552
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
There is a lot of win in that picture right there! Well done sir having an attractive GF that is willing to take sexy pictures with your truck is tough to find.

Here are a few pictures I took I am a bit of a rookie.

Dog

Niece (trying to take an action shot is hard)

My brother got this one of me

Other niece playing with a worm

On the boat

Fast Shutter Speed

Slow shutter Speed
Old 07-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #10553
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #10554
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjr View Post
My reason for camping this week was to remember my younger brother who passed away 10 years ago. Here's a tribute shot I set up in remembrance of him, toasting the forest with a Coor's Light (his favorite), leaving room on the log with his own Coor's Light on the table under the lantern that always burns in his memory. Life is short, my friends, live and play hard while you can, and keep your family very close.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Can't imagine losing mine.

I can't see the photo though
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #10555
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Tony - Nice purchase!
Devin - Cool shots!
Peter - Nice variety and well done for a self-proclaimed rookie. Try to offset your subject (rule of 1/3's) and not center them in the image.
Matt - Neat idea for a shot!
Goose - Thank you. Maybe try to refresh the page? The image is still in my photobucket account, and I can view it on here in your quote. If that doesn't work I can try sending it to you in private message.

I live near Phoenix, and we had some horrific and tragic news recently with the Yarnell fire. 19 members of an elite hotshot crew perished fighting the wildfire. Here are the names of those who perished.

This is the last photo Granite Mountain Hotshot Firefighter Andrew Ashcraft texted his wife before perishing in the Yarnell fire.

I wanted to drive to Yarnell today to pay my respects but was stopped short in the town of Congress. Hwy 89 was completely closed (understandably, of course) except for official vehicle traffic. There was a satellite truck in the Family Dollar store parking lot, and two other local news trucks on the shoulder of the road to my left reporting from this location.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #10556
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Peter - Nice variety and well done for a self-proclaimed rookie. Try to offset your subject (rule of 1/3's) and not center them in the image.
There is a lot of sadness in this thread right now. My brother is my best friend and I have no idea what I would do without him. Is it common to lose firefighters in wild fires? I feel like 19 is a pretty high number.

Thanks! I bought the camera, watched a few youtube videos and started shooting. I am starting to find that I need some different lenses to get the shots I want. The only issues is my truck seams to gobble up all the extra cash... I am so conflicted.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #10557
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
There is a lot of sadness in this thread right now. My brother is my best friend and I have no idea what I would do without him. Is it common to lose firefighters in wild fires? I feel like 19 is a pretty high number.

Thanks! I bought the camera, watched a few youtube videos and started shooting. I am starting to find that I need some different lenses to get the shots I want. The only issues is my truck seams to gobble up all the extra cash... I am so conflicted.
I apologize for adding some sadness here... it's just what's been going on with me lately... I'm fine and will look for more uplifting images to share here very soon. I am looking forward to photographing the local fireworks display here in town tomorrow and Thursday nights.

It's not common at all to lose firefighters in a wildfire. This is reported to be the worst fire tragedy in over 80 years.

I recently bought a Fuji X100S with it's fixed lens, and find that I enjoy the challenge of getting myself into position for a shot, rather than relying on zoom... try it with the equipment you have and see what kind of results you can gain.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #10558
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
I visited Prescott Fire Station 7, home of the Granite Mountain Hotshots, to pay my respects today. Beautiful memorial all along the outside gates. This was my best capture of the day.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #10559
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Happy Independence Day! A few fireworks shots from tonight.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #10560
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Happy Independence Day! A few fireworks shots from tonight.
Nice shots!

Here's one in our neighborhood.

It's an HDR image as I didn't have filter to balance the exposure.

My kid. Taken with iPhone 4s

Products Discussed in this Thread