Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #10641
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Thats the only lense I have. I have been happy with it. Someone earlier in this thread was talking a bunch of crap about it. I think its a good all around lense for someone(me) who wants to learn, but doesnt have a ton of coin to drop on a few different lenses. I do want to get something that reaches out there to get more wildlife shots. I am not near sneaky enough to get close.
Good to know! I think it'll work we'll for my needs for a while. I really would like a super wide angle though. I love wide shots. But might just get a gopro haha

I have a 200mm fd lens..so after the 1.6x due to camera and the 1.25x due to adapter..it's a 400mm haha but all manual focus and might not be super sharp..just have to play with it and see. Also have a 500mm reflector one. My dad said it's not super good tho.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #10642
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to have this lense.
http://tamron.com/en/photolens/di_telephoto/a08.html
Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #10644
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Jesus that's a big one haha
Lol that's what she said!
Old 07-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #10645
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Lol that's what she said!
haha, I was going to post that exact same thing, and then I thought, no, you should act like an adult. hahaha
Old 07-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #10646
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
You can never have too much gear haha

I'm that way with my truck..audio..and probably photography now haha but I'm not rich..
My point was that most buy stuff they dont have, and dont quite work with what they have. Its kind of a perpetual cycle of buying stuff just to have but not use to its full potential or make do with it. In this scenario, having too much would not ne favorable since the mentality is to always get more gear, and necessarily make do with ehat they have, and then invest in something more worthwhile.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #10647
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
My point was that most buy stuff they dont have, and dont quite work with what they have. Its kind of a perpetual cycle of buying stuff just to have but not use to its full potential or make do with it. In this scenario, having too much would not ne favorable since the mentality is to always get more gear, and necessarily make do with ehat they have, and then invest in something more worthwhile.
Oh totally agree. Need to master what you ha e first before getting the good stuff. If you can work with basic stuff and get great results then your not going to get amazing results with lots of amazing gear.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #10648
WillT is on a distinguished road
WillT's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys think of Tamron lenses?

The only (non Canon/Nikon) lens I ever used was this beast http://www.sigmaphoto.com/product/50...-apo-dg-os-hsm

I've been thinking of replacing the Canon 18-135 kit lens that came with my Rebel with this Tamron http://www.tamron-usa.com/lenses/pro...asp#ad-image-0

I played with it in the store for about 30 minutes, and it seemed OK, but all of my evaluation was through the LCD on the back of the camera, and most of the testing was sharpness and low light focus speed.

That would give me a very general all purpose lens and then I could worry about special situations for my other gear whoring.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #10649
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillT View Post

The only (non Canon/Nikon) lens I ever used was this beast http://www.sigmaphoto.com/product/50...-apo-dg-os-hsm

I've been thinking of replacing the Canon 18-135 kit lens that came with my Rebel with this Tamron http://www.tamron-usa.com/lenses/pro...asp#ad-image-0

I played with it in the store for about 30 minutes, and it seemed OK, but all of my evaluation was through the LCD on the back of the camera, and most of the testing was sharpness and low light focus speed.

That would give me a very general all purpose lens and then I could worry about special situations for my other gear whoring.
That looks like a great lense. If I had found it before I bought my 18-135 I probably would have bought it. I dont think it was out then though.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #10650
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillT View Post

My MIL has one similar to it. It is the 28-300. It is a pretty compact and decent all around lens. I wouldn't say it is great, but it will certainly get the job done. She really likes it.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #10651
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Agree. It's a good way for anyone to learn
I am a product of internet constructive criticism for photography. been shooting for 4 years now, as long as I have had my flickr account. I don't plan on stopping
Old 07-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #10652
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
I am a product of internet constructive criticism for photography. been shooting for 4 years now, as long as I have had my flickr account. I don't plan on stopping
Nice! Especially with 1TB of stuff to upload..that's a lot! What do you shoot with? I was a gear whore myself. My Rebel XS camera came with the kit lens 18-55. Had that for about a year then picked up the 55-250. About six months later picked up the 28-105 then 50mm and now 30mm. I'm happy with the 30mm but now want to upgrade my camera. Was fix on the Canon 60D but I might stick with the rebel series and go with the t4i or the SL1.

Damn hobbies..too much $$..
Old 07-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #10653
victorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nicevictorramse3 is just really nice
Name: Victor
victorramse3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny216 View Post
Love this picture!
Old 07-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #10654
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice! Especially with 1TB of stuff to upload..that's a lot! What do you shoot with? I was a gear whore myself. My Rebel XS camera came with the kit lens 18-55. Had that for about a year then picked up the 55-250. About six months later picked up the 28-105 then 50mm and now 30mm. I'm happy with the 30mm but now want to upgrade my camera. Was fix on the Canon 60D but I might stick with the rebel series and go with the t4i or the SL1.

Damn hobbies..too much $$..
when flickr did that, it really cheapened the memberships. I have a pro account, and I think new users instantly get that 1tb of storage. kinda pointless to have a pro account(which was supposedly unlimited), when they are giving new(and all) users 1tb space(unsure if a pro account is needed though...).

gear whore list:
d300
d700
x100

later to be added:
some form of digital medium format, most likely a pentax 645d
Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #10655
vibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
vibez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorramse3 View Post
Love this picture!
Very nice pic.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #10656
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty proud of the way this one turned out.
Attached Thumbnails
The *Official Photography Thread*-_mg_5876.jpg  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #10657
19Mystic96 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
19Mystic96's Tacoma Gallery
heres more of mine!

Old 07-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #10659
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
I took a break from everything today... even from my Nikon and Fuji. Spent the day in the forest with my BlackBerry Q10 phone and captured these shots. Only sized them for posting.

Somewhere along a forest trail.

Nice tank in the forest.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #10660
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agree. It's a good way for guys like me to learn as well. Lately, it seems like there are a lot of members that are starting to get in to photography in this thread and it would be good advice for them as well. Haven't seen the old guys post in awhile i.e. mohawk mike, panda jerk cmack and them

Products Discussed in this Thread