Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #10641
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
Joe - I wish people asked for C+C, more often(and this thread would be more fun to look at). it shouldn't be taken as an insult. constructive criticism is exactly what it is.
Agree. It's a good way for guys like me to learn as well. Lately, it seems like there are a lot of members that are starting to get in to photography in this thread and it would be good advice for them as well. Haven't seen the old guys post in awhile i.e. mohawk mike, panda jerk cmack and them
Old 07-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #10643
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Just purchased a 60d with 18-135 lens! Can't wait! Also bou an adapter for my dads old fd lenses.
let me know how you like the 18-135, i have a 18-55 and a 55-200 but i think i want t sell the 18-55 and get one with more range, it seems like all my shots are at 18 or 50-75.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #10644
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
The aftermath of Tropical Storm Flossie

Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #10646
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Agree. It's a good way for guys like me to learn as well. Lately, it seems like there are a lot of members that are starting to get in to photography in this thread and it would be good advice for them as well. Haven't seen the old guys post in awhile i.e. mohawk mike, panda jerk cmack and them
this is everywhere. most noobs are (trying to be)gearwhores. I went through that stage. now, to be a gearwhore, I feel like if I plop down $1k on photo stuff, I feel like it isn't enough.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #10648
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just purchased a 60d with 18-135 lens! Can't wait! Also bou an adapter for my dads old fd lenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
let me know how you like the 18-135, i have a 18-55 and a 55-200 but i think i want t sell the 18-55 and get one with more range, it seems like all my shots are at 18 or 50-75.
Thats the only lense I have. I have been happy with it. Someone earlier in this thread was talking a bunch of crap about it. I think its a good all around lense for someone(me) who wants to learn, but doesnt have a ton of coin to drop on a few different lenses. I do want to get something that reaches out there to get more wildlife shots. I am not near sneaky enough to get close.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #10649
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm working on going through my sports portfolio, I'll post some photos once I'm done editing a batch
Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #10650
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Thats the only lense I have. I have been happy with it. Someone earlier in this thread was talking a bunch of crap about it. I think its a good all around lense for someone(me) who wants to learn, but doesnt have a ton of coin to drop on a few different lenses. I do want to get something that reaches out there to get more wildlife shots. I am not near sneaky enough to get close.
Good to know! I think it'll work we'll for my needs for a while. I really would like a super wide angle though. I love wide shots. But might just get a gopro haha

I have a 200mm fd lens..so after the 1.6x due to camera and the 1.25x due to adapter..it's a 400mm haha but all manual focus and might not be super sharp..just have to play with it and see. Also have a 500mm reflector one. My dad said it's not super good tho.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #10651
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would love to have this lense.
http://tamron.com/en/photolens/di_telephoto/a08.html
Old 07-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #10653
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Jesus that's a big one haha
Lol that's what she said!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #10654
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
Lol that's what she said!
haha, I was going to post that exact same thing, and then I thought, no, you should act like an adult. hahaha
Old 07-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #10655
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can never have too much gear haha

I'm that way with my truck..audio..and probably photography now haha but I'm not rich..
My point was that most buy stuff they dont have, and dont quite work with what they have. Its kind of a perpetual cycle of buying stuff just to have but not use to its full potential or make do with it. In this scenario, having too much would not ne favorable since the mentality is to always get more gear, and necessarily make do with ehat they have, and then invest in something more worthwhile.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #10656
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
My point was that most buy stuff they dont have, and dont quite work with what they have. Its kind of a perpetual cycle of buying stuff just to have but not use to its full potential or make do with it. In this scenario, having too much would not ne favorable since the mentality is to always get more gear, and necessarily make do with ehat they have, and then invest in something more worthwhile.
Oh totally agree. Need to master what you ha e first before getting the good stuff. If you can work with basic stuff and get great results then your not going to get amazing results with lots of amazing gear.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #10657
WillT is on a distinguished road
Name: Look up
WillT's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys think of Tamron lenses?

The only (non Canon/Nikon) lens I ever used was this beast http://www.sigmaphoto.com/product/50...-apo-dg-os-hsm

I've been thinking of replacing the Canon 18-135 kit lens that came with my Rebel with this Tamron http://www.tamron-usa.com/lenses/pro...asp#ad-image-0

I played with it in the store for about 30 minutes, and it seemed OK, but all of my evaluation was through the LCD on the back of the camera, and most of the testing was sharpness and low light focus speed.

That would give me a very general all purpose lens and then I could worry about special situations for my other gear whoring.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #10658
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillT View Post

The only (non Canon/Nikon) lens I ever used was this beast http://www.sigmaphoto.com/product/50...-apo-dg-os-hsm

I've been thinking of replacing the Canon 18-135 kit lens that came with my Rebel with this Tamron http://www.tamron-usa.com/lenses/pro...asp#ad-image-0

I played with it in the store for about 30 minutes, and it seemed OK, but all of my evaluation was through the LCD on the back of the camera, and most of the testing was sharpness and low light focus speed.

That would give me a very general all purpose lens and then I could worry about special situations for my other gear whoring.
That looks like a great lense. If I had found it before I bought my 18-135 I probably would have bought it. I dont think it was out then though.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #10659
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillT View Post

My MIL has one similar to it. It is the 28-300. It is a pretty compact and decent all around lens. I wouldn't say it is great, but it will certainly get the job done. She really likes it.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #10660
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agree. It's a good way for anyone to learn
I am a product of internet constructive criticism for photography. been shooting for 4 years now, as long as I have had my flickr account. I don't plan on stopping

Products Discussed in this Thread