Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #10761
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
The only criticism i have is, FRV needs a matching spare, it looks goofy with a odd spare.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #10763
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
What mode did you shoot those in? a few of them might have looked cool with the aperture a little bit more open to get some subject isolation. Just a personal thing but I shoot 90% of the time in aperture priority mode and adjust ISO accordingly.

That place looks absolutely incredible though, very jelly.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #10764
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
I like this photo challege idea!!

Especially now that i have some real tools to play with. whats next??

and just for fun..some of my first shots with my new camera.

okay..sorry..got carried away there..Any criticism more then welcome! Lay it on me..seriously..

And someone pick a challenge!
Also it appears as though the contrast was turned way down on this one, making the very white in the clouds look kinda grey and weird. A photo like this would be a perfect candidate for a light HDR job, I know it's a little late for that but just a thought.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #10765
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Jolly Old England
Old 08-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #10766
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Also it appears as though the contrast was turned way down on this one, making the very white in the clouds look kinda grey and weird. A photo like this would be a perfect candidate for a light HDR job, I know it's a little late for that but just a thought.
if there was little post in that pic, it could also be the lens. kit lens, or cheap lenses tend to have weak contrast.

I honestly think the pic looks good
Old 08-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #10767
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What mode did you shoot those in? a few of them might have looked cool with the aperture a little bit more open to get some subject isolation. Just a personal thing but I shoot 90% of the time in aperture priority mode and adjust ISO accordingly.

That place looks absolutely incredible though, very jelly.
i shot all in aperture priority. but some of them my brother shot in just auto mode.

I keep the aperture around F9-11

But i mean come on..the back drop is amazing! haha

Quote:
Yea the sun was super bright there. Tried to get the whites down a bit more but just made everything else pasty. I didn't have time nor the know how for HDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
if there was little post in that pic, it could also be the lens. kit lens, or cheap lenses tend to have weak contrast.

I honestly think the pic looks good
Yea just the 18-135 kit lens. But im happy with it so far.

mostly just glad i have a DSLR period..haha
Old 08-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #10768
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
i shot all in aperture priority. but some of them my brother shot in just auto mode.

I keep the aperture around F9-11

But i mean come on..the back drop is amazing! haha

Yea the sun was super bright there. Tried to get the whites down a bit more but just made everything else pasty. I didn't have time nor the know how for HDR.

Yea just the 18-135 kit lens. But im happy with it so far.

mostly just glad i have a DSLR period..haha
Cant argue with that!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #10770
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
So many good shots in here! I finally upgraded to a dslr. been unhappy with my point and shoot for too long. Still figuring out the new cam but loving the freedom already!

all taken today just a few minutes from my house. Sorry they're all different sizes, I was playing with upload size to see what fit best on the screen.

the horse one would be so much cooler with a better sky and the fence one would be sweet without the telephone poles...

Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #10771
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Got my business cards in. I used Moo.com. Just waiting on my prints to arrive

Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #10773
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Same setup you have 60D with the 18-135. liking it so far! Yea I see how TW re-sizes it but you can still click the top bar and get full size which is nice for those who are on bigger monitors.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #10775
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Looks good!
Thank you
Old 08-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #10777
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So many good shots in here! I finally upgraded to a dslr. been unhappy with my point and shoot for too long. Still figuring out the new cam but loving the freedom already!

all taken today just a few minutes from my house. Sorry they're all different sizes, I was playing with upload size to see what fit best on the screen.

the horse one would be so much cooler with a better sky and the fence one would be sweet without the telephone poles...

Grab a copy of photoshop and you can get rid of the telephone poles in the pic.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #10778
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
Story behind this pic?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #10780
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Quote:
yea some sort of post software is on the list thanks
I use Lightroom 4. It does very good for what I need. I shoot everything in RAW and it gives you a lot more flexibility in your post.

Products Discussed in this Thread