Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #11401
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Old 09-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #11402
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty old article I came across but I hope this guy is right. D800 files are just too stinkin big IMO (for my use) and a combo of the D800 and D4 (like the D700) features would be perfect for a lot of people I think.

http://www.slrlounge.com/nikon-2013-...in-a-d800-body
Old 09-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #11404
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Pretty old article I came across but I hope this guy is right. D800 files are just too stinkin big IMO (for my use) and a combo of the D800 and D4 (like the D700) features would be perfect for a lot of people I think.

http://www.slrlounge.com/nikon-2013-...in-a-d800-body
I doubt that'll happen, the sales of that body would be cannibalized by the D600 line

The storage issue is easily remedied by external storage. Unless you are shooting like me (10-12,000 images a year) there really isn't a issue with the file size.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #11405
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
I doubt that'll happen, the sales of that body would be cannibalized by the D600 line

The storage issue is easily remedied by external storage. Unless you are shooting like me (10-12,000 images a year) there really isn't a issue with the file size.
It would cannibalize the D800 and D4 as well, but I sure would like an in between

I don't think it is happening either, I just saw it and shared. It'd be more fitting for me.

There is the 610 and I guess a 5300 already in the works. 5300 is supposed to just get a couple features like WiFi and GPS, yet no signs the 610 will have em (all supposed/rumors). I for one don't want a bunch of fancy features but I can see how others might. One of the reasons I didn't bother with the Canon I was looking at is that the "better than" portions were all silly fun features to me. I don't need wifi or touch screen or whatever personally.

I have to say, full frame, the 5D MkIII is well rounded, but I still far prefer the ergos of Nikon to Canon. Simply preference most likely, but there's no contest to my hands haha As far as Crop sensor goes, I don't think there is presently a D7100 competitor that is much to talk about.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #11406
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
my welds t56 20x14 that just came in. shot with the 35mm

Old 09-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #11409
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
few pics from the weekend of wheeling...

more here, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...-colorado.html
Old 09-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #11410
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
couple more from the first part of the trip..

had a headlamp on my dog for this one,

then a couple panos

Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #11411
tacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
tacocolin's Tacoma Gallery
A pic of the new FJ with the new 85 1.8 lens I picked up a few weeks ago.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #11412
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Well I've came to the conclusion my D70 is crapping out on me. It's not running normal, bulb mode doesn't even make it to 2 minutes, and the purple hue is getting worse. And the Milky Way is out here and I haven't seen it here in years the stars are out so good tonight, but no, my camera is an ass.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #11413

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Well I've came to the conclusion my D70 is crapping out on me. It's not running normal, bulb mode doesn't even make it to 2 minutes, and the purple hue is getting worse. And the Milky Way is out here and I haven't seen it here in years the stars are out so good tonight, but no, my camera is an ass.
So what's next?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #11414
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
So what's next?
D610 whenever I pull 2 grand out of my butt. Which will probably be forever from now.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #11416
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice work - Redz, Monte, Bob and Marc.

Congrats, Colin, on the new FJ and 85 lens. Both look very sharp.

Also enjoyed catching up and reading the conversations here.

A friend is going through some trouble, so I captured this image of the Bible for inspiration and motivation. Fuji X100S with built-in ND filter on, one SB-800 overhead to illuminate the words on the cover, and a flameless candle. Nice project last night that they appreciated.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #11417
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ugh... noon football game against the U tomorrow. This is gonna suck. I've also got lots of soccer images tomorrow to go through and edit.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #11418

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Nice shots Bob! looks like a good time!!
out of these three, the second one is your strongest image. The other two don't do anything for me. They seem like just "snapshots"

On the second image I really like your composition
Old 09-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #11419
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
out of these three, the second one is your strongest image. The other two don't do anything for me. They seem like just "snapshots"

On the second image I really like your composition
I call it luck ha, it just turned out nice. They all start out as snapshots for me

Thanks for the input, wouldn't say im developing an eye but it's not exactly a crap shoot anymore...
Old 09-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #11420
The Blue Warrior

Help me choose. Idk what I want. I want a DX because everything is cheaper, but an FX would be nice. So, 7100 or 610 when it comes out?

Products Discussed in this Thread