Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #11441
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Tried my hand at HDR stuff today..using Photomatrix pro. Getting some cool stuff.
looks like a fun program...
Old 10-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #11442
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
This is different. I don't remember seeing this lens. Anyone like this lens or anyone not like it? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mm_f_2_8D.html
I've heard it's really nice. It just doesn't have the VR in it. You will also get a few more mm (technically) out of it using it on a DX camera because of the crop factor.

On another note I talked to a dealer the other day looking for a 70-200 and he told me he offered a guy $1200 for the new 70-200 VR II Nikon lens and he wanted $1400 for it. It was only 3 months old and he didn't get it. I was like wtf, I would have paid that in a second for it. Hell even at $1400 he would have made $400 selling it, easily.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #11443
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
I've heard it's really nice. It just doesn't have the VR in it. You will also get a few more mm (technically) out of it using it on a DX camera because of the crop factor.

On another note I talked to a dealer the other day looking for a 70-200 and he told me he offered a guy $1200 for the new 70-200 VR II Nikon lens and he wanted $1400 for it. It was only 3 months old and he didn't get it. I was like wtf, I would have paid that in a second for it. Hell even at $1400 he would have made $400 selling it, easily.
Nothing a tripod couldn't help

And what? I would've paid it too. (if I had the money) Lol
Old 10-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #11444
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Nothing a tripod couldn't help

And what? I would've paid it too. (if I had the money) Lol
Very true! A tripod fixes a lot. lol

Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking. Around here those lenses and the VR I disappear in days not weeks. Sometimes hours.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #11445
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Very true! A tripod fixes a lot. lol

Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking. Around here those lenses and the VR I disappear in days not weeks. Sometimes hours.
Pretty much
Old 10-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #11447
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Honestly, man. If not having to change lenses all the time makes you happy, then get that lens. Most will point out to you that you will honestly get better performance from having a lens for each job (tele/wide/normal/etc) and they will be right, but at the end of the day you have to get what is fitting for you. A lot of people value that one-lens-for-everything convenience over better IQ.

As you grow you'll realize what you need and don't need anyway. For now, just get a camera and lens and go shoot. Figure out what you like as you go.

(Shameless PRIMES plug) Don't forget how amazing, light, small, and cheap Prime lenses are
Chaz is right on here. I have a Nikon D300 with Nikkor 18-70mm and 70-300mm VR lenses, BUT, I am enjoying my time more often with my Fuji X100S with it's fixed lens. Makes you move to compose the image, and gets you more involved in the capture of the image. This is a nice hobby for me and I enjoy that part/challenge of it because the rewards are worth it.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #11448
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
My advice (if someone could not choose what lens to get) would be to just get the body and a single prime. Either 50mm f/1.8 or f/1.4 if you're full frame or more likely, if you're going with a crop sensor, either the 35mm f/1.8 or the 50mm f/1.8

The only time I would recommend this is if you REALLY cannot make up your mind on what to buy, because at the end of the whole learning experience, I can almost guarantee that if you stick with photography you will definitely keep that prime lens for the long haul. And even if you don't, you can sell them for hardly any loss. They are just a simple, cheap, staple of a kit and it's a no brainer that you're going to get one someday anyway. may as well get a sure thing rather than a maybe of a lens that you might end up having to sell for a better/different one anyway.

Get the D7100 and the 50mm, man. You won't regret it. There are always more lenses to buy.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #11449
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
You can also rent lenses (and bodies and flashes) from places that will ship you the gear. If you want to try something out and get your hands on it before you buy, rent!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #11450
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
You can also rent lenses (and bodies and flashes) from places that will ship you the gear. If you want to try something out and get your hands on it before you buy, rent!
I did this. I rented the sigma 70-200 F2.8. It was a great way to get a lens and see if i like it. (I really did like it)
Old 10-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #11451
Ditch Doctor

EMS:
Played with HDR a little more today.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #11452
FSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to all

Name: Cody
FSUtaco's Tacoma Gallery

Photos by Cheri Root
check out www.cheriroot.com
Old 10-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #11453
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
2 from last weekend's wedding

Old 10-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #11454
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
2 from last weekend's wedding

The diamond in the haystack Good metaphor for a wedding speech.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #11455

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
I never even thought of that! I used the hay because one of their decorations was hay in mason jars with LED lights. Sounds chinsy but looked great once the sun went down.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #11457
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
^The work of a pro is obvious, very nice.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #11458
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
And for any parents here on TW, some from my latest lookbook shoot for Mixed Up Clothing, a cool kids clothing line that may actually launch at Nordstroms if the planets align properly...

Attached Thumbnails
The *Official Photography Thread*-untitled-151.jpg   The *Official Photography Thread*-untitled-153.jpg  
Old 10-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #11460
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
My advice (if someone could not choose what lens to get) would be to just get the body and a single prime. Either 50mm f/1.8 or f/1.4 if you're full frame or more likely, if you're going with a crop sensor, either the 35mm f/1.8 or the 50mm f/1.8

The only time I would recommend this is if you REALLY cannot make up your mind on what to buy, because at the end of the whole learning experience, I can almost guarantee that if you stick with photography you will definitely keep that prime lens for the long haul. And even if you don't, you can sell them for hardly any loss. They are just a simple, cheap, staple of a kit and it's a no brainer that you're going to get one someday anyway. may as well get a sure thing rather than a maybe of a lens that you might end up having to sell for a better/different one anyway.

Get the D7100 and the 50mm, man. You won't regret it. There are always more lenses to buy.
Don't worry, the 50mm will be my first or second lens I'll get. I love them. The photos look awesome with them.

EDIT: I'll probably buy the 50mm before I even get the camera. lol

Products Discussed in this Thread