Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #13361
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
A couple old pictures of mine as well as a couple new ones...

_DSC0007 by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

_DSC0038 by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

DSC_0003_01 by PcBuilder14, on Flickr

DSC_0006_01 by PcBuilder14, on Flickr
Old 01-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #13362
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice shots gentlemen ^^^
Old 01-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #13363
junkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant futurejunkman has a brilliant future
Name: Erik
junkman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
^ never thought about it seriously. Too much gear for me...

Great photos everyone!

Got crazy in some snow today

[IMG]
Nice. I like whatever processing you did on this...maybe tone down the red in the zippers though.

What did you do to get this look?

Thanks
Old 01-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #13365
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea man. Be happy too once I get home with my Mac setup

And yes, just for school. Not forever don't think anyone would buy Frankenstein for what I'd want for it.
Awesome, thank you! And phew! Got scared you were selling your truck for a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Hey Kevin, with the 400, how do you carry it in the field? camera strap? on a mono/tripod or just by hand?
If I'm doing actual field work I just have binocs with a point and shoot because usually I don't want to carry much weight and if I fall into a cactus or a creek (both of which have happened before...) I don't want to worry about my expensive camera (the binocs are waterproof).

For just carrying it around if I'm not using it I have it in its case in my backpack.

For using it, I usually just have my camera strap on the camera body and then I almost always have a hand on the lens to support it. I was looking at the lens and didn't see anywhere to attach a separate strap, but I have the tripod mount attached to the lens and I just hold onto that, pretty much.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #13366
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Along with the challenge here, a guy at work is doing a weekly challenge to keep him shooting. I joined his too, this week he drew "letters". I took this of my bumper.

IMG_7480 by tbrown6912, on Flickr

and also one that I didn't pick for the challenge this week.

IMG_7440_1_2_fused by tbrown6912, on Flickr
Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #13369
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
So um...what do you mean? Just going back to school, hopefully...

Would you mind posting the photos you blended? I'd like to see more examples of how you used the plugin. I'll download it soon.
Here's the link that was posted a while ago, Chaz: http://www.photographers-toolbox.com...s/lrenfuse.php

okay man.

here are the photos i used for that shot

The dark one:

ISO 1000 | 38mm | f9.0 | 0.3 seconds

IMG_8037.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

The "normal" one:

ISO 1000 | 38mm | f9.0 | 1.3

IMG_8036.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

over exposed:

ISO 1000 | 38mm | f9.0 | 5.0 sec

IMG_8038.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

and the final using this plugin in LR

HDR Frankenstein4.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

Enfuse Plugin here: http://www.photographers-toolbox.com...e.php?sec=main

i did do a bit of final touches in LR when i reimported it. But not much. I really like how they turned out though. Can't wait to try some more HDR with it.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #13370
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome, thank you! And phew! Got scared you were selling your truck for a second...

If I'm doing actual field work I just have binocs with a point and shoot because usually I don't want to carry much weight and if I fall into a cactus or a creek (both of which have happened before...) I don't want to worry about my expensive camera (the binocs are waterproof).

For just carrying it around if I'm not using it I have it in its case in my backpack.

For using it, I usually just have my camera strap on the camera body and then I almost always have a hand on the lens to support it. I was looking at the lens and didn't see anywhere to attach a separate strap, but I have the tripod mount attached to the lens and I just hold onto that, pretty much.
well they have the neck straps that mount to the tripod collar on the lens. kinda interested in one when i go that route. i currently am the type that doesnt use a strap or lens cap.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #13372
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I'm straying away from using my lens cap now that I have the clear lens protector. But I always use my strap. Leave it around my neck when wheeling so I can just jump out of the truck and take pics.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:28 AM   #13373
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
okay man.

The dark one:

IMG_8037.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

The "normal" one:

IMG_8036.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

over exposed:

IMG_8038.jpg by Monte Nickles Photos, on Flickr

i did do a bit of final touches in LR when i reimported it. But not much. I really like how they turned out though. Can't wait to try some more HDR with it.
Very cool, I would like to try this!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #13374
chenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedchenbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chenbro's Tacoma Gallery
I checked out the LR/Enfuse plugin over the weekend. Pretty good results right out of the gate with the default settings! Is the preview option only available on the registered version?
Old 01-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #13375
Go Pokes!
Pistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Pistol Pete's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice! I like it! But is it just me or are the eyes a bit out of focus??
Yeah just a bit . I'm still trying to figure all the settings on my T3i. Still pretty new at this since I just got it on the 1st.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #13376
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
well they have the neck straps that mount to the tripod collar on the lens. kinda interested in one when i go that route. i currently am the type that doesnt use a strap or lens cap.
Do you have the product page for one of those straps that mount to the tripod collar? I did a quick google search and didn't get much other than the lens cap straps.

You're crazy! I have the lens cap on everything whenever I'm not out shooting, but once I intend to use the camera the cap comes off until I'm done. I don't put it back on between shots, though. The straps are nice if you have something else that requires a hand (i.e. field notebook or binocs).

Quote:
okay man.

The dark one:

The "normal" one:

over exposed:

Thanks! So do you always have to use three photos or can you just use two? I guess I have to just check it out and play around with it!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #13377
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Do you have the product page for one of those straps that mount to the tripod collar? I did a quick google search and didn't get much other than the lens cap straps.

You're crazy! I have the lens cap on everything whenever I'm not out shooting, but once I intend to use the camera the cap comes off until I'm done. I don't put it back on between shots, though. The straps are nice if you have something else that requires a hand (i.e. field notebook or binocs).
like this. mounts to the tripod mount on the collar. There are other ones this is just the first one i found in my search.
http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-NS-7-Tr...p+tripod+mount
Old 01-13-2014, 11:37 AM   #13378
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone elses family or significant others try to pimp out their "skills"?? I ask because I have a co-worker with a Nikon 5100 and a few lenses, his wife is always telling people he will do photoshoots for them. I was just asked by a family member if I wanted to do a friend of their's wedding. That scares the crap out of me. You guys see my stuff, I dont think I am anywhere near being ready to take pictures for the most important day of someones life. Anyone else go through this?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #13379
Professional Web Wheeler

Old 01-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #13380
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Does anyone elses family or significant others try to pimp out their "skills"?? I ask because I have a co-worker with a Nikon 5100 and a few lenses, his wife is always telling people he will do photoshoots for them. I was just asked by a family member if I wanted to do a friend of their's wedding. That scares the crap out of me. You guys see my stuff, I dont think I am anywhere near being ready to take pictures for the most important day of someones life. Anyone else go through this?
my MIL is getting into it and is pretty good. her nephew asked her to shoot his wedding. If it was me, i would have said no, but she said yes. While she is good, i don't think she is anywhere near good enough or have the right equipment to shoot a wedding.

Products Discussed in this Thread