Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

The *Official Photography Thread*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2014, 07:20 AM   #16541
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjr View Post
I'm not in here much (maybe I should be because you guys are good!), but thought I'd jump in and share this image. My nearly 8 yr old Golden Retriever was put to rest after being diagnosed with Valley Fever and cancerous tumors in her chest. What a great dog and I'm sure going to miss her.
Sorry to hear that Pete.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #16542
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that Pete.
Rest peacefully Kelsey.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #16543
pkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shedpkjr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Pete
pkjr's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys for all the kind words!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #16544
DougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shedDougDeBonet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Doug
DougDeBonet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkjr View Post
I'm not in here much (maybe I should be because you guys are good!), but thought I'd jump in and share this image. My nearly 8 yr old Golden Retriever was put to rest after being diagnosed with Valley Fever and cancerous tumors in her chest. What a great dog and I'm sure going to miss her.

sorry to hear man
Old 06-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #16545
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
great photo...very emotional!

i have two dogs and i'd be torn if i lost either one of them... RIP little buddy
Old 06-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #16546
Cold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MMC(SW) USN Ret.
Name: Mike
Cold Iron's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Pete sorry to read that. Sometimes think I have too many collars in my collection, but each dog was a blessing in their own way during the time I was privileged to be owned by them.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #16547
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post
Damn Pete sorry to read that. Sometimes think I have too many collars in my collection, but each dog was a blessing in their own way during the time I was privileged to be owned by them.
They say there's a Rainbow Bridge and our pets will be there to greet us. I hope so.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #16549
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys! Heading to Disneyland next week and thinking about leaving my sigma 30mm 1.4 home and renting a canon 24-70mm 2.8 from a shop in San Diego. You guys think that lens will be ok? I just want some 'zoomage' when I'm there with my daughter for parades and such.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #16550
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Rent a 24-105 from BorrowLenses.com instead. 24-70 isn't that long (not that 105 is either but it's more practical for the 'street' shooting you'll be doing).
Old 06-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #16551
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Rent a 24-105 from BorrowLenses.com instead. 24-70 isn't that long (not that 105 is either but it's more practical for the 'street' shooting you'll be doing).
Do they have a local pick up somewhere in San Diego area? It was a spur of the moment thought for renting so I can ditch my 30mm prime and zoom lens, 55-250, at home.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #16552

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Do they have a local pick up somewhere in San Diego area? It was a spur of the moment thought for renting so I can ditch my 30mm prime and zoom lens, 55-250, at home.
They ship. So you could have it shipped to your hotel or home prior to leaving.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #16553
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear Pete, rest in peace Kelsey.

Been pretty dang impressed with the photos my phone takes. This one was edited slightly in LR. Got out for a rip today on the pedal machine

1-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr
Old 06-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #16554
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
New watch....

With a 2mp camera built-in. Transmits to the phone automatically

BTW, that's a Bing car, not Google.

Attached Thumbnails
The *Official Photography Thread*-bingcar.jpg   The *Official Photography Thread*-gear.jpg  
Old 06-13-2014, 11:36 PM   #16555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
They ship. So you could have it shipped to your hotel or home prior to leaving.
Hmm, I wish I would have thought about it sooner. Thanks for the suggestion Ian, my Sigma will have to do this time around. Next years trip for sure will plan sooner.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:45 AM   #16556
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
So there's this small pond on campus that looks fuckin awesome at night, always wanted to try and shoot it

I was trying to get the ripples in the water to "pop", but with how dark it is out there, I had to go for long shots to try and get enough light in the water; but in doing so, I dulled the shit out of it

next time, gonna get a better angle, closer to the ground for round 2
any suggestions I should try?
Also, played with the moon tonight, came out decent

Old 06-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #16557
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
New watch....

With a 2mp camera built-in. Transmits to the phone automatically
What kind of watch is that? Looks badass.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #16558
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawKnee View Post
What kind of watch is that? Looks badass.
Samsung Galaxy Gear-2
You need to have a Samsung Android device (preferably a phone, but non-network functionality is there with a tablet) for it to pair with. Without that, all it will do is take 50 pictures or 9 minutes of video, and play some MP3 files.

The watch face is changeable, the one you see is one of a package that I bought for $2 since I need seconds and all of the built in faces lack seconds.

It connects via Bluetooth. Speakerphone, copies email and text alerts with preview and limited text replies (template only, it does not allow for direct entry), with a downloaded app, I can turn my phone's WiFi off and on, as well as take it into silent mode.
Battery life is claimed at up to 3 days. So far, I've had it for 3 days and it's been sitting right around 50% when I get home from work and plug it in.
When it hits 100%, I unplug it and wear it to bed since it has a sleep monitoring mode, so it is unplugged all night. Alerts can be blocked while it is in sleep mode, so your only disturbance is when the alarm goes off if you have it configured to mimic the phone's alarm.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #16559
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Little dump for fun.

Anchor Dam, WY... Good day exploring!

3-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

4-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

Big ChEEEEEZE!!

6-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

Damn, WY is beautiful. Just before I took this set a golden eagle flew from a perch to my left, gotta pinch myself.

7-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

8-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

10-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

11-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

Sorry this stitch just sucks but deal with it

12-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

13-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

14-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

15-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

16-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr

17-1 by sconniehailer, on Flickr
Old 06-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #16560

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Nice day for a drive in the woods Marc! Cool pictures

Products Discussed in this Thread