Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

need halp converting raw to jpg

Old 12-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
need halp converting raw to jpg

just like the title says . i shoot almost 200 photos this weekend and they are all .nef raw files wanting to convert to jpeg as fast as possible. all help is greatly apreciated
Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
eweb84 is a splendid one to beholdeweb84 is a splendid one to beholdeweb84 is a splendid one to beholdeweb84 is a splendid one to beholdeweb84 is a splendid one to beholdeweb84 is a splendid one to beholdeweb84 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Eric
eweb84's Tacoma Gallery
I use Canon Digital Photo Professional to convert my RAW to JPEG... It will let me convert as many as I want "Batch Process"... but that is still pretty slow.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
adobe photoshop also has batch conversion. speed will depend on what machine you're running the program on.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so i guess photoshop is the best guess is it certain ones or do all the ps do the conversion seen some get pretty pricey
Old 12-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
i believe photoshop elements 9 supports the batch conversion you'll need (i'm sure other versions do as well, but you'll have to research). it can be had for $70 from amazon. that's a pretty solid buy. not as full-featured as the full photoshop program, but for light-duty use and basic photography, it'll get the job done (and it's a heckuva lot cheaper!).
Old 12-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post
i believe photoshop elements 9 supports the batch conversion you'll need (i'm sure other versions do as well, but you'll have to research). it can be had for $70 from amazon. that's a pretty solid buy. not as full-featured as the full photoshop program, but for light-duty use and basic photography, it'll get the job done (and it's a heckuva lot cheaper!).
sweet dude thanks again for the help
Old 12-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Photoshop has a mass convert, Gimp may also have it
Im downloading pse9 and pre9 trails before I buy