LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Project 365 photos.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Project 365 photos.

Post some of your photos here as we go along!!

here is my first photo of the year!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57699870@N05/

My Exif data...

Camera: Nikon D700

Exposure: 0.004 sec (1/250)

Aperture: f/3.2 (i had to hand hold thats why such a wide aperture)

Focal Length: 17 mm

ISO Speed: 320

Lens: 14.0-24.0 mm f/2.8
Old 01-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
so we post a picture every day?
Old 01-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
not every day if you dont want, just to keep us updated, to know what were shooting from time to time
Old 01-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, I posted this in the other thread. I'll post here from now on.

My first photo for 1/1/11.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 AM   #5
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Taken just a couple minutes after midnight xD...

Which one do you think is better? Those are my two favorite...thinking of going with #1.

EDIT:

btw, when the hell did you get a D700 and a 14-24 2.8 panda?! I'm so jealous..
Old 01-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #6
theflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nice

Law Enforcement: Federale
Name: Tosh
theflyingtosher's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theflyingtosher
I like the angle and the entire process of the firework in the 1st one, but love the color explosion in the 2nd one
Old 01-02-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
here's mine from yesterday

nixonwatch by S.Mshots, on Flickr
Old 01-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitmo View Post
Taken just a couple minutes after midnight xD...

for sure the second one, no contest IMO great shots either way though
Which one do you think is better? Those are my two favorite...thinking of going with #1.

EDIT:

btw, when the hell did you get a D700 and a 14-24 2.8 panda?! I'm so jealous..
i got the D700 in november and i just pick up my 14-24 a few days ago!!!

and for sure the second one, because none of the fireworks are cut off. IMO great shots either way though

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
here's mine from yesterday

nixonwatch by S.Mshots, on Flickr
that watch is piiiiiimp!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:04 PM   #9
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
great pics so far guys!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
that watch is piiiiiimp!
haha its my brothers,i dont use money on watches cause i would forget to put it on haha
Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
psmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nice
Name: Paul
psmcn's Tacoma Gallery
I posted this on the other thread. I guess this is the place.

edit:
Nikon D90
Lens: 50mm f/1.8
Exposure: 2.5sec
@ f/22
ISO 100
I used a very small pocket tripod

Little Falls
Old 01-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #12

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
really nice man!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
@Panda, Damn you lucky duck. Once I get mad money from a degree I'm going to buy the next camera they release after the D700. Have you tried using the High ISO on it at night? The shit is so amazingly clear!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitmo View Post
@Panda, Damn you lucky duck. Once I get mad money from a degree I'm going to buy the next camera they release after the D700. Have you tried using the High ISO on it at night? The shit is so amazingly clear!
yeah its pretty good, i dont ever really shoot higher than 1600 but if i need to i can shoot higher, but i shoot in RAW so its easy to correct in post
Old 01-02-2011, 11:50 PM   #15
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
yeah its pretty good, i dont ever really shoot higher than 1600 but if i need to i can shoot higher, but i shoot in RAW so its easy to correct in post
For sure. Raw is the only way to go unless it's a wedding or something.

EDIT:

I guess this is the last one I'll post in here haha...I can't imagine this thread being filled with 365 photos from multiple members.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #16
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lol at the 365 photos from every member comment.

So what's the new game plan?

Literally like every single picture I took didn't come out tonight. Wasn't feeling it I guess.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 AM   #17
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
It's all about lighting homie. Try different white balance/iso/shutter/aperture settings along with different composition setups. Have you ever heard of "the rule of thirds"? If you aren't satisfied today then take 2 good photos the next day!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #18

Yeah I know about all that stuff. Just wasn't really in the mood for shooting.

I worked all day, and didn't have much to work with in the little time I had to shoot.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #19

Oh, and I don't have a thousand dollar camera with a thousand dollar lenses. I'm too poor for that.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:33 AM   #20
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Oh, and I don't have a thousand dollar camera with a thousand dollar lenses. I'm too poor for that.