Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Love My Tripod

Old 01-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Love My Tripod

i have never been a fan of tripod use, but i do have a pro tripod in my gear bag...

THANK GOD...

my right rotator cuff is hurtin like hell right now and i got booked to shoot a catalog look book for a clothing company...

had to shoot today using the tripod..

so for those of you who have ever considered buying a tripod and don't have one yet, GET ONE!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
It's definitely an essential.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
ocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant future
ocabj's Tacoma Gallery
A good tripod is essential. I went cheap on mine and got the Manfrotto 055XPROB (legs) and 488RC2 ballhead. It's *decent* but I should have at least bought an Arca Swiss Z1 ball head instead. I'm looking at the Really Right Stuff BH-55 to replace the 488RC2.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
the one I got was $30.

Good enough for me though
Old 01-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
the one I got was $30.

Good enough for me though
yeah mine was too...oh well i dont use it a lot and it does well when i do use it
Old 01-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
izquik72 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
izquik72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj View Post
A good tripod is essential. I went cheap on mine and got the Manfrotto 055XPROB (legs) and 488RC2 ballhead.
That's a great set of Legs. I use a tripod for my binoculars. I got an eBay deal on a set of Legs that goes to 73" for the Spotter , I also use a Slik 714cfII for Back packing they are awesome
Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
i somehow ended up with a 500 dollar tripod for free.. someone left it at my fathers job and never came back for it, so walla...mine

EDIT: we actually did try to fond out whos it is, and even used security cams. it sat there for 4 months and no claimer. if the women ever comes back i will give it to her. just to clear that up.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #8
Today was a good day, I didn't have to use my AK
meirvin will become famous soon enough

meirvin's Tacoma Gallery
As someone who has left equipment somewhere after a photo shoot I was sure glad the people THERE were nice and honest and called me after I left to come back and not claimed it for their own to come online to brag about.

Sorry Thats the way I feel deal with it
Old 01-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I agree, thats pretty low
Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #10
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by meirvin View Post
As someone who has left equipment somewhere after a photo shoot I was sure glad the people THERE were nice and honest and called me after I left to come back and not claimed it for their own to come online to brag about.

nobody knew the lady. my dad sells windows and doors at a retail place and has no way to contact her. otherwise they would have certainly returned it

EDIT: plus, i am actually a very honest person. they company tried to find security videos to find out who she is, but she had a big hat on so they couldnt see her. my mistake for "bragging" on the web. the tripod sat there for over 4 months waiting for her to return as well. if she ever does come back i will have no problem giving it to her, as it is rightfully hers.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
Today was a good day, I didn't have to use my AK
meirvin will become famous soon enough

meirvin's Tacoma Gallery
Ok then my apologies, I didnt have whole story...Just hit a nerve I guess sorry for rant
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #12
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
I hate tripods
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #13
Quote:
Ok then my apologies, I didnt have whole story...Just hit a nerve I guess sorry for rant

no problem. just figured i get the whole story out so nobody thought wrong. maybe i should even edit that post
Old 01-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #14
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
Yeah I agree, thats pretty low

WELCOME TO THE WORLD, NO ONE IN THERE RIGHT MIND WILL LOSE TIME OF THEIR LIFE JUST TO FIND THE OWNER. I WOULDNT I GOT STUFF TO DO.