Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

I feel like a Cheating bastard!!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Talking I feel like a Cheating bastard!!

It feels like I am cheating on my long time girlfriend with this thing! I just wanted to share with you guys the equipment I am going to be using at KOH next week!! I owe my little brother (Dtrujillo63) a big one for this...

Canon 5D
Canon 70-200 f2.8
Canon 24mm f1.4

Don't be jealous!!

There is no way I could turn down equipment like this... I did a quick test of the low light capabilities of this camera and I am in AWE...but not enough to convert me because Nikon gets just as good quality but this is the first time I shoot full frame.

These were all shot with the 70-200 **Edit** and they were all hand held shots, no tripod!

ISO 800

ISO 1600

ISO 2500

ISO 3200

ISO 4000

ISO 5000

ISO 6400 I can live with the amount of noise in this picture!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 AM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Whats KOH?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #4
Bmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to all

Name: Raymond
Bmxcast00's Tacoma Gallery
wait till you see the 15mm fisheye shot with a full frame bubbly as can be
Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #5
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
Whats KOH?
WHAT!!!! Are you serious???

Trailer from last years race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy_a1pmrP74

Here are my pictures from last years race...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...-pictures.html

KOH = Fast Desert Race and Rock Crawling all rolled into one!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmas Computer View Post
This whole camera thing baffles me. Seems to be increasingly popular. Better get to the books.
That's because you're in the photography section .

at the gear you get to use!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
The Photo Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Pre-subbed for next week
This camera is awesome...I've been shooting things all morning! ... almost forgot that I lost all my other equipment there for a second!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #8
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! thats not too bad at 6400! still no nikon though

like i said gear, is just gear you got the skills man!

so is this YOUR new equipment or are you renting? or borrowing?
Old 02-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
scollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Scott
scollins's Tacoma Gallery
Not jealous.....

My gear:
Nikon D3
Nikkor 17-35, 24-70, 70-200 and the 50f1.8
Old 02-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #10
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Not jealous.....

My gear:
Nikon D3
Nikkor 17-35, 24-70, 70-200 and the 50f1.8

there ya go!

ever consider the 14-24 to complete the trinity?
Old 02-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #11
scollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post

there ya go!

ever consider the 14-24 to complete the trinity?
Yeah, I've thought about selling the 17-35 to pick up the 14-24. The 17-35 was my first f2.8 lens when I was shooting crop body, then I added the 70-200 and 50mm. When I moved to the D3, I also bought the 24-70. The 14-24 would be the natural choice, and I certainly wouldn't need the 17-35 if I have it and the 24-70......
Old 02-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I've thought about selling the 17-35 to pick up the 14-24. The 17-35 was my first f2.8 lens when I was shooting crop body, then I added the 70-200 and 50mm. When I moved to the D3, I also bought the 24-70. The 14-24 would be the natural choice, and I certainly wouldn't need the 17-35 if I have it and the 24-70......
exactly!

i have the 14-24 and its hard to keep it off my D700. but the 70-200 is for sure my next purchase
Old 02-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #13
The Photo Ninja!

I hope you guys have high resolution monitors... Pictures coming soon...

Old 02-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #14
The Photo Ninja!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Where's the pics???!?!?!

Did the IFS rig win? That's what I heard

Shannon Cambell I think?
They are coming...I am about 75% through picking and editing my shots. I'm pushing to have them up tonight or tomorrow.

And yes Shannon Campbell in his IFS Single Seater Buggy won for the 2nd time in 5 years...he's the first driver to do it! Beat 2nd place by more then 30 minutes
Old 02-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
Ace83 will become famous soon enoughAce83 will become famous soon enough
Ace83's Tacoma Gallery
nice.. how the 24mm? i just switched to canon full frame too now i need some wideangle coz i could no longer use my 10-22.. my lenses are 10-22, 24-70, 70-200 2.8.. now im thinking of the 50mm 1.4 or the wideangle zoom
Old 02-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #16
The Photo Ninja!

Pictures are up! and I didn't really use the 24...I used the 70-200 98% of the time I was there....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ml#post2733551
Old 02-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #17
Did you add some vignetting in post? Seems like quite a few have dark corners, but I can't tell if you added it on purpose.

Also, some of the early photos have a bit of a blue cast to them (to my eyes anyway). Did you use auto WB, or did you manually set it?

Pretty impressive though. What software do you use for the workflow? With so many shots, I can't imagine opening each one in CS4/Camera Raw and going through them all.....
Old 02-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #18
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you add some vignetting in post? Seems like quite a few have dark corners, but I can't tell if you added it on purpose.

Also, some of the early photos have a bit of a blue cast to them (to my eyes anyway). Did you use auto WB, or did you manually set it?

Pretty impressive though. What software do you use for the workflow? With so many shots, I can't imagine opening each one in CS4/Camera Raw and going through them all.....
Lightroom is the best for bulk editing. all the nice parts of CR but in an easier/more user friendly fashion.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
The Photo Ninja!

Quote:

Yes I added the vig...I shoot with a digital grey card for the WB which get's set in post editing. I use PS CS5 and I edit my shots 1 by 1...not a huge fan of bulk editing as each shot will always be different. I don't mind the work...