Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

For everyone that is stoked for their new Canon t2i.....

Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
For everyone that is stoked for their new Canon t2i.....

Canon goes and releases essentially the EXACT same camera except with a swivel screen.

http://gizmodo.com/5753548/canon-reb.../full+(Gizmodo)

Canon t3i
Old 02-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised that they didn't add anything more than the swivel screen and digital zoom. I prefer the fixed screen for the ease of mounting and LCDVF and you can just do digital zoom in post. Also the t2i has great momentum with magic lantern. I'm waiting to see if canon will introduce 1080p60 or a better method of downsampling besides line skipping.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
So the only difference in this and my T2I is the swivel screen?
pretty much...and the name.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
ocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant futureocabj has a brilliant future
ocabj's Tacoma Gallery
T3i can also control Speedlites wirelessly (like the 7D). Granted I don't even use that feature on my 7D. I use PocketWizards.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocabj View Post
T3i can also control Speedlites wirelessly (like the 7D). Granted I don't even use that feature on my 7D. I use PocketWizards.
hm didnt know that, thats cool.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Thats pretty neat. Not enought to make me get rid of the T2i though.
I don't really get Canon sometimes. Instead of getting the T3i, why not just get the 60D?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Awesome. For you soccer moms.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita View Post
Thats pretty neat. Not enought to make me get rid of the T2i though.
I don't really get Canon sometimes. Instead of getting the T3i, why not just get the 60D?
well...i wouldnt upgrade either. and to be honest. i feel like they possibly wasted too much money on RnD for the almost the EXACT same camera. Poor move on canons part IMO. But then again the t1i is out dated..so it was time for a new entry level. along with the t3i there will be a t3. 12mp 720p $599

good replacement for the t1i i guess!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Awesome. For you soccer moms.
Mr. D7000 is all cocky now
Old 02-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
well...i wouldnt upgrade either. and to be honest. i feel like they possibly wasted too much money on RnD for the almost the EXACT same camera. Poor move on canons part IMO. But then again the t1i is out dated..so it was time for a new entry level. along with the t3i there will be a t3. 12mp 720p $599

good replacement for the t1i i guess!

Mr. D7000 is all cocky now
Oh come on! Swivel screen? Assume the position and get that angle by any means!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #10
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Oh come on! Swivel screen? Assume the position and get that angle by any means!
hahahahahaha i agree man
Old 05-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #11
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
I'm probably going to buy a t2i tomorrow. I've been going back and forth between the nikon D5100 and the Canon rebel t2i. Can anyone here reassure me that the rebel is the right choice? I love shooting nature pics and wouldn't mind some action shots of the taco. I've always had point and shoots but have used an slr before and know most of the functions. Is this the camera for me?
Old 05-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #12
A Member
ThunderTaco01 is on a distinguished road
Name: Eddie
ThunderTaco01's Tacoma Gallery
I've always loved Canon over Nikon, although there is nothing wrong with Nikon. What does it for me personally is the layout of Canon. It's a lot simpler to maneuver and I feel like it has more settings to choose from. My cousin has a Nikon and it feels kind of weird to me. I have a T1i and although it's somewhat outdated it's still reliable and takes amazing pictures.

Edit: I take a lot of nature shots and they come out sweet!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #13
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderTaco01 View Post
I've always loved Canon over Nikon, although there is nothing wrong with Nikon. What does it for me personally is the layout of Canon. It's a lot simpler to maneuver and I feel like it has more settings to choose from. My cousin has a Nikon and it feels kind of weird to me. I have a T1i and although it's somewhat outdated it's still reliable and takes amazing pictures.

Edit: I take a lot of nature shots and they come out sweet!
Excellent! I'm sure they're both superb cameras but I want the best for the money. Canon seems to get the best ratings.

Edit: I love how the front of my truck is in you picture haha. Temecula FTW.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #14
A Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzimm001 View Post
Excellent! I'm sure they're both superb cameras but I want the best for the money. Canon seems to get the best ratings.

Edit: I love how the front of my truck is in you picture haha. Temecula FTW.
Yeah, you can never go wrong with a Canon. You'll have some fun!ha But yes haha...I'll represent for your sweet taco!ha
Old 05-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #17
A Member
Well the auto focus on my t1i is not slow to the point where it can be concerning but after a while you can slightly see how long it could take. I usually use manual focus but then again that might just be me. As for the lenses, I am not really sure. ha.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #18
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Canon isn't better than nikon. and Nikon isn't better than Canon. (After a recent realization) People that constantly argue/say one is better over the other aren't in it for photography.

With that being said, Canon has better reviews because they are the largets Camera company in the world. Don't be afraid to try nikon. I work for best buy and i do tests right in front of the customer between the t2i and D3100. I do low light tests/(high iso) and ease of use tests. i would say 4 out of 5 customers that come in without an opinion on each brand either way, walks out with a Nikon. And it's not just because i shoot a Nikon. It's because i show them the differences. And why each is good for a specific reason.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:39 PM   #19
Tearmytaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
Canon isn't better than nikon. and Nikon isn't better than Canon. (After a recent realization) People that constantly argue/say one is better over the other aren't in it for photography.

With that being said, Canon has better reviews because they are the largets Camera company in the world. Don't be afraid to try nikon. I work for best buy and i do tests right in front of the customer between the t2i and D3100. I do low light tests/(high iso) and ease of use tests. i would say 4 out of 5 customers that come in without an opinion on each brand either way, walks out with a Nikon. And it's not just because i shoot a Nikon. It's because i show them the differences. And why each is good for a specific reason.
Do you by chance work with a girl named Amanda? She transferred to the San Diego store some time ago.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #20
Tearmytaco

I am now the proud owner of a Canon Rebel T2i

I spent half the day reading through the manual and there is certainly some learning on my part. I can see how the Nikon may have been a quicker transition but I made my purchase knowing full well I'd have a greater learning curve. I think in the long run I will love this camera. The functions aren't hard to figure out; it's just the abreviations and buttons don't make immediate sense so remembering the control assignments takes time. Here are a few pics I snapped off today