Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

SDHC Feedback

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
SDHC Feedback

I've been looking to get a 32GB SDHC and I've been hesitant on which brand to buy, since all the SD cards I've bought so far have been different in speed and reliability despite brand and class rating.

So far I've learned:
Patriot is garbage
OCZ is good
Old non-SDHC cards are surprisingly fast (I have two 2gb cards...one no-name one kodak...they beat the crap out of the patriot card I have)

I know sandisk is really good...never had one single issue with their CF cards I used in my 10d. Any thoughts on their SDHC cards?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
scan disc makes the fastest card at 30 mb a sec it is worth the money
Old 02-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
NAND storage is a different game from RAM, because Patriot makes solid RAM while OCZ's tends not to meet its own specifications.

Anyway, here's a cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvf29R7nXlM
Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have been using a 16g SDHC MaxFlash in my gopro for the past year & just ordered a 32g one.
Did the firmware upgrade for the camera as well.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #5
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
Btw what are you shooting with. cuz i have a d7000 and i forget what brand my memory card is but its a 8gb 20mb a sec and its just fine
Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #6
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks y'all...this is good. I use a canon t2i
Old 02-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
I have ADATA Class 10. Cheap but I have no complaints.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
I've always used sandisk and have had no problems. I just got two new 16gb class 6 sd cards and work great.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
im using a pny professional 8gb and it writes at 20mb/s

i have no complaints so far, it does take a little to save when my shutter speed is slow like above 4 seconds but other than that its great
Old 02-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
with the T2i you're definitely going to want a class 10 card. Now if you shoot a lot of video go for a larger capacity like 16g plus, if not an 8g is plenty.

I have a class 10 8g transcend thats been working great.
got mine here http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Clas.../dp/B003VNKNEG
Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
psmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nice
Name: Paul
psmcn's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using 8g SanDisk UltraII 15MB/s with no problems. I have two and rarely use the 2nd one. I don't leave shots on my card after I download so there is always plenty of room.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
psmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nicepsmcn is just really nice
Name: Paul
psmcn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post

i have no complaints so far, it does take a little to save when my shutter speed is slow like above 4 seconds but other than that its great
The delay is more than likely casue by having the Long Exp. NR or Hi ISO NR set on high, can't remember which one right now, It can take twice as long as your exposure to read to the card.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #13
Addicted to V8s

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
with the T2i you're definitely going to want a class 10 card. Now if you shoot a lot of video go for a larger capacity like 16g plus, if not an 8g is plenty.

I have a class 10 8g transcend thats been working great.
got mine here http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Clas.../dp/B003VNKNEG
Yeah I do shoot lots of video and I'll need a 32 gig so I can get close to an hour's worth of video with only the file system limitation breaks. I want to make sure that whatever card I get won't have ANY problems...if it can't keep up it'll be useless for this purpose.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #14
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmcn View Post
The delay is more than likely casue by having the Long Exp. NR or Hi ISO NR set on high, can't remember which one right now, It can take twice as long as your exposure to read to the card.
yeah i figured that it was the long exposure haha i just wasnt too sure
Old 02-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #15
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph View Post
Yeah I do shoot lots of video and I'll need a 32 gig so I can get close to an hour's worth of video with only the file system limitation breaks. I want to make sure that whatever card I get won't have ANY problems...if it can't keep up it'll be useless for this purpose.
well if you want the absolute best, sandisk is the way to go, but you're gonna pay for it.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 PM   #16
Addicted to V8s

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
Yep...looks like that'll be the way to go
Old 02-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #17
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
from experience dont venture too far away from SanDisk. They always out last any other card i have...

SD memory is cheap in the grand skeem of things. Buy a 16gb san disk class 6 or higher...Move to CF then we'll talk price....

Products Discussed in this Thread