1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PS CS5 or LR 3..

Discussion in 'Photography' started by psmcn, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Feb 21, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    psmcn

psmcn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Rockville Md
    I have an offer to purchase CS5 for $250. I can also update my PS Elements for $90. Seems for $160 more I should go for the CS5. What I really want to know is the difference between CS5 and LR3. From what I can tell CS5 will do everything LR will do and much much more. LR seems to be better at organization and basic editing. Any thoughts or comments about which would be better or do I get both??? I have until 2/27 for the sale on CS5.

FYI I shoot in RAW if that make a difference between the two programs.

thanks,

Paul

2. Feb 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    Lr - Lightroom is basically a watered down Photoshops Camera Raw, and bridge...Its great for organizing, (upload and convert to .dng which i LOVE) Awesome for most editing until you need to do something specific that Lr doesnt offer.

But honestly i think everyone should know photoshop and all the goodies it comes with. especially photographers. IMO do cs5 and learn Camera Raw. Camera Raw is an amazing tool. Learn how to open, and edit as a smart object, learn your histogram and how to change white balance, contrast, and exposure all with levels and a histogram....

thats my opinion

3. Feb 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    Gitmo

Gitmo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    I personally recommend CS5. I've been using photoshop for the last 5-6 years and I still have a TON to learn. There's endless possibilities in CS5. Lightroom is more geared towards photography specifically and makes it faster/easier to edit photos. Really depends on the way you edit your photos, for me, I edit them (in raw) 1 by 1 and take my time.

4. Feb 21, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    SiRMarlon

SiRMarlon The Photo Ninja!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marlon
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Canon 5D MarkIII
    PM Sent! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top