Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Whats the difference between these three hoods?

Old 03-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Whats the difference between these three hoods?

Ive been looking around at some lense hoods, and no one around here carrys them. Ebay it is.

I noticed theres a bunch of different designs to these hoods.

Whats the difference between these three? Pros/cons?

This is the "shallower" one of the first one I posted. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:41 AM   #2
theflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nicetheflyingtosher is just really nice

Law Enforcement: Federale
Name: Tosh
theflyingtosher's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theflyingtosher
all the photographers on here and noone's posted anything?

I'm no expert, but I shoot a bunch and I can tell you from the little I know that it has to do with the lens you are shooting with, which hood is appropriate.

I have two lenses, my larger tele-photo style lens has a hood similar to the first one, and my smaller, wide angle lens has the middle style of hood that shades the top and bottom but doesnt interfere with the "wideness" (for lack of a better term) of the lens/photo. So I suppose the main thing to consider when choosing a hood is what type of lens it's for.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Well, it's hard to say what lens each is meant for but the top one is probably for a 50mm, the next maybe something wide and the last, maybe a 35.

Lens hoods are designed to work with specific lenses and if you're looking for one, you might start your search with the focal length.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Lens_Hood.html

This is the lens hood for the Nikon 18-55mm (kit lens)

you need to get the hood that is designed for your lens
Old 03-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingtosher View Post
all the photographers on here and noone's posted anything?

I'm no expert, but I shoot a bunch and I can tell you from the little I know that it has to do with the lens you are shooting with, which hood is appropriate.

I have two lenses, my larger tele-photo style lens has a hood similar to the first one, and my smaller, wide angle lens has the middle style of hood that shades the top and bottom but doesnt interfere with the "wideness" (for lack of a better term) of the lens/photo. So I suppose the main thing to consider when choosing a hood is what type of lens it's for.

You should get a hood that is specific to your lens, you dont want it to vignette in your photos