Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Help for a fellow Photographer

Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Help for a fellow Photographer

I decided to put this in the photography forum also as it is photography related. This friend of mine is really talented (although I'm kind of a noob, not really sure what makes outstanding photos but these look good to be). She is competing for a college scholarship that includes $1000 to spend on anything Sigma sells I believe. This is copy and pasted from the other thread I created (I don't think posting the same thing in 2 forums is against the rules, but forgive me if it is.)

Hello all. I know these requests are kind of annoying but this one is kind of in the interest of all of us. Everyone has seen those "vote for my cubicle neighbor's best friend's uncle's neighbor's granddaughter to win this such and such" things, and this is really nothing more than that. It's for a friend of mine to receive a scholarship. All you have to do is put in your email and click on the link it emails you to confirm it.

Here's where this is different. I'm kind of doing this out of sarcasm. See she (along with most of my other female friends, hell and male friends) makes fun of how much "I'm obsessed with my baby Taco and all my Taco internet friends". I get constant shit from them about working on it and cleaning it and being excessively picky about what they can and cannot do while riding inside it. So what better way to shut them up then having all the stupid internet friends win her damn scholarship? I know, genius. That way she'll be forced to bow to the almighty Tacoma driver.

Anyway, if you have a spare 15 seconds (and you do, you are on TW after all ) please vote. If not to give money to a deserving cause, do it to spite all the haters.

Thank you very much.
Here's the link

http://scholarship.sigmaphoto.com/vi...t&x=0&y=0#topm
Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
scollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shedscollins is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Scott
scollins's Tacoma Gallery
She looks to be in 9th or 10th place right now. Personally, I don't find her submissions all that compelling. Hell, most of the top vote receivers aren't all that exciting either.