Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

lets see those gopros mounted on your ride

Old 03-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Bmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to all

Name: Raymond
Bmxcast00's Tacoma Gallery
lets see those gopros mounted on your ride

Myself and some local TW buddies are going on a trail run and Iím wanting to see how you guys mount your gopro cameras to your rides. Right now I have the tripod mount, chest mount, helmet mount, and all the adhesive mounts. I want to stay away from the adhesives on the trucks for obvious reasons. I was wanting to purchase the roll bar mount and suction cup mount too. So lets see them.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aqGStVInCg
Old 03-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #3
Bmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to all

is that the suction cup?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #4
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxcast00 View Post
is that the suction cup?

yezzir
Old 03-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my roll bar mount off of eye of mine. Its a custom mount & so beefier & easier to work with than oem. Russell has made many other custom mounts. Good company to deal with & has vids of all his stuff he makes. Quality stuff, fast shipping imo.
Here is a link, scroll down through the list also on youtube he has some awesome free tutorials & on your side of the states.

http://www.eyeofmine.com/gopro/order-gopro-hero.html
Old 03-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i suction cup mine to the hood. when it gets dusty and dirty it doesn't stay on that well... as you can see at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjVpNZsTFKo
Old 03-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i suction cup mine to the hood. when it gets dusty and dirty it doesn't stay on that well... as you can see at the end of the video.

Yeah that could be a doozie if it falls off in the middle of the desert and your not keeping an eye on it. My suction cup should be in later this week.

I got a cool angle today with this set up.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...0/ppuser/34818
Old 03-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #8

This is from the broom stick. Any other ideas guys?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #9
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
I'd tie a string around it, then around something fixed, like a mirror or wiper (not sure how heavy these camera are). At least then if it comes un suctioned you have a life line to prevent losing it completely, or it falling under a tire for instance.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #10

Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
I use a fishing string, works great.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #11
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
I use the suction cup mount.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #12

What have you guys been using to edit your gopro footage? I tried to do some screen shots today on my Dell with windows vista but it was getting all pixialated reared the top. I've used iMovie with no problems what so ever. Anyone use a pc for editing?
Old 03-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #13
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What have you guys been using to edit your gopro footage? I tried to do some screen shots today on my Dell with windows vista but it was getting all pixialated reared the top. I've used iMovie with no problems what so ever. Anyone use a pc for editing?
If your using mac, Final Cut Pro is the best. For PC, use sony vegas. I still need to buy a suction cup mount =\.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #14

figured I'd do an update on the places I mounted my new suction cup.

I think this one would look great on nelson18matt's ride and watching that suspension do its thing.

tell me what you guys think.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
Frankie_G is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Frankie
Frankie_G's Tacoma Gallery
That's freaking awesome! i been thinking of buying one. didnt even think to do a search on this, glad i saw the post.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie_G View Post
That's freaking awesome! i been thinking of buying one. didnt even think to do a search on this, glad i saw the post.
you should get one they are so much fun and have tons of different kinds of mounts

GoPro Hero HD
Old 03-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #17

Marines:
i was just looking at the site. Looks to me that the $99 version is mostly the same as the $300 motorsport version. Any suggestions?

just saw your link. does it really matter i guess is the question?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie_G View Post
i was just looking at the site. Looks to me that the $99 version is mostly the same as the $300 motorsport version. Any suggestions?

just saw your link. does it really matter i guess is the question?

The $99 SD hero is standard definitnion and is not expandable.

The $259 hero HD get you up to 1080p HD and can be expanded to a LCD backpack and an extra battery pack.

one will get the job done, the other will get the job done looking good.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #19

Marines:
Yea i understand i just dont know if i can justify me spending that much on something i might barely use...idk i'll keep looking in to it but thanks for the info
Old 03-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #20
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
figured I'd do an update on the places I mounted my new suction cup.

I think this one would look great on nelson18matt's ride and watching that suspension do its thing.

tell me what you guys think.
You used the suction mount on the body? How well does it hold?