Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Camera and new photoshop programs

Old 04-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Camera and new photoshop programs

Its all new to me atleast! lol I have accuried a Nikon d40 with a BIG lens that reads Nikon ED AF-S NIKKOR 70-300mm 1:4.5-5.6 G

I know it is a bad ass lens but idk what all it means! Do any of yall?

Also I accuired A LOT of Adobe files

I got the Adobe Master Collection CS4!

It has anything and everything!

Is there any place I can look at tourtials for these programs without reistering my programs?

I did photography in high school and messed with photoshop cs2 or 3 and dont remember much of it but how to develop my own reel

so thanks in advance for the help and cant wait to get started

Ty
Old 04-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
that lens is actually pretty small mate
Old 04-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Youtube.com
Old 04-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #6

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
that lens is actually pretty small mate
Much bigger than what Im used to!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:45 AM   #7

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Thanks you!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 AM   #8
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
The newer photoshops are pretty good camera raw image files. Here's some free ones I give my interns...

Photoshop
http://psd.tutsplus.com/

Illustrator
http://vector.tutsplus.com/

AfterEffects
http://ae.tutsplus.com/

Old 04-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #9
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Youtube.com
There are so many free, quality tuturials on the web. It's hard to do one from youtube becuase, most of the time, the resolution is bad and they don't offer any source files.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man the 70-300 VR lens is a great lens i don't know if that's the one you have or the older version but both great lenses not so great in low light due the 4.5-5.6 aperture but there great out doors. i shoot with mine all the time.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #11
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
nice, the 70-300 seems like a good lens, i dont have it but im thinking about getting it soon, Although like JLee said, its not so good in low light, its definitely a great compromise for people with a smaller budget compared to the 70-200 (about triple the price).
Old 04-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #12
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! That lens is what I want to replace my current 55-200mm with.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #13

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidrow View Post
The newer photoshops are pretty good camera raw image files. Here's some free ones I give my interns...

Photoshop
http://psd.tutsplus.com/

Illustrator
http://vector.tutsplus.com/

AfterEffects
http://ae.tutsplus.com/

Thanks man! this stuff is great!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #14

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Nice man the 70-300 VR lens is a great lens i don't know if that's the one you have or the older version but both great lenses not so great in low light due the 4.5-5.6 aperture but there great out doors. i shoot with mine all the time.
Ill take a picture of it tmrw and post some work Ive done with it so far!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #15
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Shit if you think the 70-300mm VR is big, wait until you check out the holy grail 70-200mm VR!! That thing is a beast! (of course it's not the biggest, i.e. 400mm, etc..)

There are also great tutorials on deviantart.com or good-tutorials.com (go figure lol). I'll try and remember what else I've used and post it later. Good luck!