Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

CS5, just downloaded last night. give me some tips people!

Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
CS5, just downloaded last night. give me some tips people!

i saw some hair color tutorials and some blur effects but i know there is a ton of things to i can still.

im trying to learn how to edit photos so what advice can you guys give me?

i know some of you are super pro at this but im not so please no smart ass comments or crazy terminology. thanks.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
NitroCircus177 will become famous soon enough
NitroCircus177's Tacoma Gallery
i have so many links... i have plenty more of random tutorials so if there is something specific you want to do let me know

starters:
http://psd.tutsplus.com/articles/tec...toshop-skills/

http://elitebydesign.com/how-to-mast...just-one-week/

http://www.adobe.com/support/photosh...ted/index.html

tutorials:
http://www.good-tutorials.com/tutorials/photoshop

http://www.thedesignworld.com/photoshop-tutorials/

car modification:
http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm
Old 04-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
El Pitufo
Marioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarioso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
hey thanks so much. this definitely helped me. keep the advice coming guys thank you
Old 04-28-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
the only real tip I can give is PRACTICE/EXPERIMENT. Once you learn how the tools work then you will be a pro and can do about anything.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt even know where to start on a pic like that haha
Old 04-28-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
i wouldnt even know where to start on a pic like that haha
haha yeah but it was actually pretty easy to do:
http://abduzeedo.com/super-easy-typo...rait-photoshop

some more really good tutorials on here:
http://abduzeedo.com/tags/photoshop
Old 04-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
wow, looks so hard but the steps are so easy. im getting lightroom 3 right now
Old 05-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhotoGavin

Watch some of this guys videos. VERY helpful.

I thought this one was pretty cool...Easy to follow as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHNO4...el_video_title
Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite part of PhotoShop these days is that you can bring movies (AVI, MOV, MP4, etc.) into it and manipulate it. Lets you use filters you can't get in other applications.

It's also incredibly handy for rotoscoping. At least, it was until CS5 came out and they put the roto tool in After Effects. That thing is a dream.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #10
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Here's three easy steps to a better photo...

1. Adjust Levels (CTR L)
2. Hue/Saturation (CTR U)
3. Brightness Contrast (image>adjustment>brightness/contrast)

Tip: Do each effect on duplicate layers so you can see the difference. Plus you can adjust the opacity of each layer to blend them better.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:16 AM   #11
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
I've found the auto tone feature to be a pretty good start as well.

Cant remember where its at. In the same menu as levels and colors and hue/sat.

The coolest thing about CS5 in my opinion, is the content aware tool. Look it up on youtube. Its awesome.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
El Pitufo

Marioso's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys, ur tips are super helpful. i havent had time to open it up and mess with it but when i do ill re-read all of this.