Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Looking for Advise on setup for shoot

Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
Erll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to beholdErll is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Navy Nuke MM2, USS Albany
Name: My Name is Erll
Erll's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for Advise on setup for shoot

I have an upcoming shoot with a few friends of mine that are doing a body building contest (female). They would like me to do the shoot at our fire station on the trucks. Just wondering if anyone has done a setup like this , and what did you use for lighting, and how did you keep the chrome on the rig from overpowering the shot. I am planning on using my Nikon D5000 with the sigma 50 f/1.4.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Use filters and diffusers to soften the lights.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:27 AM   #3
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on a couple of things. If it's light out, you might get away with no flash and just reflectors. But if it's shady, as the inside of a building tends to be, you'll want to do a couple of things. Keep the lights off the camera access (45 degrees) and make them big and soft (like a softbox). Of course, depending on what you want to accomplish, you could be entering the world of remote triggers and multiple lights so it might be easier if you worked outside either in the early morning or late afternoon (avoiding the middle of the day).