Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

*OFFICIAL GOPRO THREAD*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #21
devilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leah
devilstonic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxcast00 View Post
I use a macbook and imovie, its not the best but its gets the job done. Simple trimming of the clips, adding transitions, and music.

Before I was using a PC but couldnt get it to play back smooth.

As for the mounts the roll bar mount might be your next purchase. For what your doing you can get loads of angles on the bikes.
Thanks, I'm using an iMac / iMovie too and it's easy to use, but it's lacking. I have the handle bar mount and wrist mount on my list of things to buy. I'm not really a fan of having it mounted to any of my helmets. It creates too much drag and while snowboarding or trail riding on the dirt bike it gets caught in tree branches.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Testing out the gopro longboarding.

http://www.vimeo.com/23433779
Old 05-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #23
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good stuff!

that berm trail looks like fun... how did you get the camera to stay in the tree? do you have the lcd back because it would be hard to set up all those shots by yourself.
I clamp the seatpost mount on the top my mono pod. The mount has a bit of a lip that rests on the the branch and the long part of the mono pod acts as a counterweight. Hope that makes sense.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #24
devilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the sheddevilstonic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok so here's a video of me learning to ski bike this past winter that I took with my GoPro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVRXOTlgnU
Old 05-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #25
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilstonic View Post
ok so here's a video of me learning to ski bike this past winter that I took with my GoPro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVRXOTlgnU
Skier down! Nice hit. He looked mad.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #26
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
A short one

I use mine mostly on my sled & motorcycle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qURPbgPu4j4
Old 05-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
Skier down! Nice hit. He looked mad.
I was pretty mad too. It was painful. It made me walk funny for at least a week afterward.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #28
Bmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to all

Name: Raymond
Bmxcast00's Tacoma Gallery
that ski bike is awesome Leah!! Are there any type of regulations on using that type of thing on ski slopes?

have any more videos of that thing in action?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #29
Bmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
I use mine mostly on my sled & motorcycle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qURPbgPu4j4
have you ever tried to take the 3m stickies off of your helmet? I want to mount mine on a friends but am always hesitant to ask since I'm not sure how its going to leave it afterwards.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 AM   #30

I cant wait till it's time to swim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ryMYOyGizg
Old 05-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #31
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
have you ever tried to take the 3m stickies off of your helmet? I want to mount mine on a friends but am always hesitant to ask since I'm not sure how its going to leave it afterwards.
I put one on the front bumper of my truck. It was on there for about 2 months. Came off just fine. Took a lot of pulling and whatnot, but it didn't take any paint off, or leave any marks. Really lets you know that it's not going to fall off, if you're worried about it "unsticking"
Old 05-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzak88 View Post
I put one on the front bumper of my truck. It was on there for about 2 months. Came off just fine. Took a lot of pulling and whatnot, but it didn't take any paint off, or leave any marks. Really lets you know that it's not going to fall off, if you're worried about it "unsticking"
thanks good to know... have you ever thought of getting the suction cup mount?
Old 05-19-2011, 02:25 AM   #33
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks good to know... have you ever thought of getting the suction cup mount?
I have the suction cup mount now, so I took off the bumper one. I swear you could pull dents with the suction cup. The thing is insane. I've got some GoPro video of turkey hunting and driving I could upload to this thread. Just gotta put it on my laptop and whatnot. Ahh so much work!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #34
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No I have not tried yet.
Maybe with some fishing line like for our truck badges followed up with some goo gone?
Old 05-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #35
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
No I have not tried yet.
Maybe with some fishing line like for our truck badges followed up with some goo gone?
It's just a bitch to pull it off. After it's off it doesn't leave any residue. However, on the visor of my Gyro snowboarding helmet, it pulled off a little of the "paint" or the graffic. It doesn't pull anything off on the actual helmet, though.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #36

Quote:
I stuck a mount on the tip of my snowboard this past season which lasted about 3 runs before it popped off. I then had to pull the sticky off of the mount so that I could see about getting a replacement. It was difficult to pull it off of the mount, but didn't leave behind any residue.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #37
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
... riding on the dirt bike it gets caught in tree branches.
U just gotta duck

Here's another...

Old 05-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
U just gotta duck
Ha! Maybe I need to ride in more wide open trails.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #39
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha! Maybe I need to ride in more wide open trails.
There you go!

We were on a trail with a ton of Manzanita on it. I caught a huge branch and thought I was coming off the bike. Apparently, I didn't duck low enough
Old 05-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #40
671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

671taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i attempted this with the old point and shoot..harder than it looks

Products Discussed in this Thread