Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

*OFFICIAL GOPRO THREAD*

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #661
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Besides what they are intended for (video) I am having a hell of a time using it for pictures. I am blown away by what these little things can do.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #662
Trail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud ofTrail Squirrel has much to be proud of

Name: Jon
Trail Squirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a vid from wheeling last week. The bed was off my trail rig so I was able to point the camera over the rear wheels, came out pretty good. My passenger had fun with the handheld extension. Just wish I could get better sound. My 350 is loud as hell but you can't hear it because its a low tone, my buddies 22re comes in clear.
http://youtu.be/hEq0fWaLn2s
Old 06-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #663
If You're Into It
phillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shedphillstill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiphopopotamus
phillstill's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a clip from my ride on the new Iron Rattler Roller Coaster at Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #664
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Get one!

Btw my bro will be moving to Anaheim soon for dental hygiene....random but i noticed you lived there too haha
Haha nice! School or work?
Old 07-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #665
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/TxeSjbCV8-4
Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #666
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I was messing around with my gopro this weekend and I found an extra battery that I have no idea where it goes. It says go pro on it, but it wont fit in the camera. The camera has a flat-ish battery, this one was shaped like a brick. If I remember right my camera is a Hero2, and it came as part of the motorsports package.
Because google is my friend(drrr) it looks like its the battery for the hero3? Not sure why it came with mine. Anyone have an extra new battery for a 2 they want to trade? haha
Old 07-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #667
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
New software update! This update looks pretty epic. Cant wait to try it out this weekend. You can control the camera completely from the app and see what the camera sees.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #668
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I was messing around with my gopro this weekend and I found an extra battery that I have no idea where it goes. It says go pro on it, but it wont fit in the camera. The camera has a flat-ish battery, this one was shaped like a brick. If I remember right my camera is a Hero2, and it came as part of the motorsports package.
Because google is my friend(drrr) it looks like its the battery for the hero3? Not sure why it came with mine. Anyone have an extra new battery for a 2 they want to trade? haha
I have an extra hero two battery and concidentaly need a extra three battery
Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #669
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
I have an extra hero two battery and concidentaly need a extra three battery
PM inbound.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #670
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badphish14 View Post
New software update! This update looks pretty epic. Cant wait to try it out this weekend. You can control the camera completely from the app and see what the camera sees.
Mine has always done that

The update I read was that you could PLAYBACK video, review photos, and delete files on your phone via app.

Can't wait to get home and update mine
Old 07-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #671
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
really stoked about the internet upload feature
Old 07-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #672
badphish14 will become famous soon enoughbadphish14 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter:
Name: Mike
badphish14's Tacoma Gallery
Did the update and only played around with it a little bit. Pretty cool. I never used the app before this update except to check out VOD or POD. Sound and everything came through my iPad. didn't use the the upload yet, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #674
TXtycoon is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
TXtycoon's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone please tell me how to post a video like the one above^^^^ I just copy the embed code from either Vimeo or YouTube and paste in my text... but the video never shows up once I click sumbit
Old 08-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #675
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtycoon View Post
Can someone please tell me how to post a video like the one above^^^^ I just copy the embed code from either Vimeo or YouTube and paste in my text... but the video never shows up once I click sumbit
Cut and paste the video URL. No need for the embed code.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #676
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtycoon View Post
ive never been able to get vimeo to work, but like ian said, just paste the url from youtube and it will show up. sometimes you have to refresh the page if just the link shows up after you post it
Old 08-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #678
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't had a chance to read every page of this thread, but was wondering if any of you could maybe help settle my issue...

I'm stuck between the Hero 2 and the Hero 3 Silver.

If any of you have experience with either or both of em and can help out in pointing me in the right direction as far as choosing one of the two that'd be awesome!

P.S. I have watched a ton of comparison videos and read a bunch of articles and still can't decide.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #679
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Haven't had a chance to read every page of this thread, but was wondering if any of you could maybe help settle my issue...

I'm stuck between the Hero 2 and the Hero 3 Silver.

If any of you have experience with either or both of em and can help out in pointing me in the right direction as far as choosing one of the two that'd be awesome!

P.S. I have watched a ton of comparison videos and read a bunch of articles and still can't decide.
The 2 is cheaper and the quality is more or less the same. Probably the bigger difference between the two is in housing. The 3's housing has a flatter lens so if you decided to take it underwater, that'd be a better choice. Also, if you want the use WiFi, the 3 is also a better choice-the 2 will be an extra cost add-on back.

WiFi's nice because you can use an app to check where the camera is aimed. I like the WiFi option so if it were me, I'd pick the Silver.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #680
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
The 2 is cheaper and the quality is more or less the same. Probably the bigger difference between the two is in housing. The 3's housing has a flatter lens so if you decided to take it underwater, that'd be a better choice. Also, if you want the use WiFi, the 3 is also a better choice-the 2 will be an extra cost add-on back.

WiFi's nice because you can use an app to check where the camera is aimed. I like the WiFi option so if it were me, I'd pick the Silver.
Thanks man! I'm leaning more towards that just wondering if I should shell out the extra cash for it. Probably will though

Products Discussed in this Thread