Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Photo noob please help!

Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Photo noob please help!

Ok guys and photo guru's! I need your help. I own a kodak easyshare camera(walmart special). It's 8mp and honestly really sucks! I want to get into photography as a hobby and really want a better camera. I am willing to spend some cash to get a good camera. Definitely under a grand! I want a good camera that is easy to get started with. Something a nooby like myself can still operate and manage to take decent pictures. My girlfriend has a Nikon d60 and it seems to take really good pic.'s. What would you guys recommend for me to get? I like to take action shots. So a fast shutter speed is a must. Thats one thing i hate about my current camera.(slow) I been looking at the Nikon D3100 and it gets really good reviews. I have no experience with Canon. So i'm not sure how they compare? As always your guys help an input is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man I had the same problem you did, check out and read through this thread:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pho...ns-please.html

It helped me find the right camera for me. Also check out the "Official Photography" Thread and ask some questions there. There are some really talented and knowledgable people in there.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok thanks i will read threw it. What camera did you go with?
Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
Ok thanks i will read threw it. What camera did you go with?
I went with the Canon Rebel XS. I love it, wish I would have saved up a little more and bought the Rebel t2i. But oh well mine does absolutely great. When I bought mine I didn't know that I was going to get into photography this much.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
Dirty Trucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
If you like the Nikon, I would go with the Nikon. I shoot only Canon so I can't offer any help with the Nikon. All of big name camera's are outstanding. COSTCO has some great deals, you have 90 days to play and return it. If you are going to shop on line, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/
We don't have Costco here. I have never used a canon before. So i'm not sure if i would like it more or less? What model canon would compare to say a Nikon D3100?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We don't have Costco here. I have never used a canon before. So i'm not sure if i would like it more or less? What model canon would compare to say a Nikon D3100?
Canon T2i
Old 05-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Canon T2i
I am a newbie and love my T2i
Old 05-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
a major downfall with buying anything below a d90, ur gonna be stuck with buying the newer lens to autofocus. as if a d90 and above u can use lens from back in the days and still do autofocus
Old 05-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlytaco View Post
a major downfall with buying anything below a d90, ur gonna be stuck with buying the newer lens to autofocus. as if a d90 and above u can use lens from back in the days and still do autofocus
or you can get a canon and not have to worry about that with the lower end bodies.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok guys and photo guru's! I need your help. I own a kodak easyshare camera(walmart special). It's 8mp and honestly really sucks! I want to get into photography as a hobby and really want a better camera. I am willing to spend some cash to get a good camera. Definitely under a grand! I want a good camera that is easy to get started with. Something a nooby like myself can still operate and manage to take decent pictures. My girlfriend has a Nikon d60 and it seems to take really good pic.'s. What would you guys recommend for me to get? I like to take action shots. So a fast shutter speed is a must. Thats one thing i hate about my current camera.(slow) I been looking at the Nikon D3100 and it gets really good reviews. I have no experience with Canon. So i'm not sure how they compare? As always your guys help an input is greatly appreciated.
I just bought a D3100 and I love it. Haven't gotten way into it, but I've taken a few nice shots. I like the way it feels in my hands as well. This was a major factor in my decision between the D3100 and the Canon T3.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #13
Dirty Trucker

K im starting to get lost already!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #14
braaap

Quote:
K im starting to get lost already!
find some photography forums and start reading! you have a lot to learn, as do I lol.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #15
Dirty Trucker

Yes i guess joining ANOTHER forum is in order!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
Dirty Trucker

Ok guys I've been reading for two straight days! So far it's between the T2i and the D3100. Both seem great! The canon seems to have a few more options but is a little more expensive. Having to get motorized lenses on the Nikon is got me a little concerned. My Girls D60 seems to get blurry when zoomed in tight. May be operator error idk? I need to go hold the canon an see how it feels. Where could I buy a camera like that? There is a best buy about 30 miles from me. That's the only place I could think of?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #18
braaap

Quote:
Ok guys I've been reading for two straight days! So far it's between the T2i and the D3100. Both seem great! The canon seems to have a few more options but is a little more expensive. Having to get motorized lenses on the Nikon is got me a little concerned. My Girls D60 seems to get blurry when zoomed in tight. May be operator error idk? I need to go hold the canon an see how it feels. Where could I buy a camera like that? There is a best buy about 30 miles from me. That's the only place I could think of?
Yeah best buy will have both those cameras. Do you have any local camera stores that are closer?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #19
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at Best Buy/Wal-Mart (can't remember if they had the T2i though)/Target.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #20
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlytaco View Post
this^ that is what sucks about entry level nikons.
Quote:
definitely try out both. you want something that will be comfortable to hold and use. as far as the d60 being blurry, it could be a slow shutter speed for the focal length the picture was shot at. do you know what lens was used?