Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Need help with a new camera pack

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #1
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Need help with a new camera pack

Ok, I am hopefully going to Europe for 2 weeks this summer, depending on if i get in, i made it through the first selection, and the second is the one that will tell me if i get to go. but anyways

i am looking for a new backpack for the trip.
what i want in the pack:

need to be able to carry
>my 60D with lens attached, and an extra lens
>my 15inch mac book pro
>extras (Nalgene, and some other small things)

I want to have a decent waist strap, and needs to be comfortable

I want the Camera easily accessible (side access would be awesome)

Did i mention it needed to be comfortable?

I will be carrying this thing around all day every day

needs to be able to fit under an airline seat

I dont want to leave my laptop in my room because last time I was in Europe, I had friends get their ipods and cameras stolen, so i have been a little paranoid since then

thanks for all the help from all the photo guys on TW
Old 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
I have a bag that i really like, but it for a camera only. It won't hold your laptop. It will hold a camera with a lens and an extra lens. I'm not sure how well it will work with a large zoom lens attached to the camera. It is a single shoulder bag that you have side access to it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...SLR_Sling.html
Old 10-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #3
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've actually already got a good bag like that, a crumpler 5 million dollar home

i need a backpack for carrying all day every day with my laptop and camera

it will also be my carry on on the plane
Old 10-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #4

well I have done some more research on the bags, and found a few that I like, and want to know what everyone here thinks

also, any experience with the bags would be awesome

Current list:

Kata bags Bumblebee 210

Lowepro Compuday photo 250

Lowe Pro Fastpack 250

possibly the Timbuk2 snoop back pack

I looked at think tank bags, and they aren't really what I am looking for. I am wanting a bag that has a separate compartments for my laptop, my camera/lenses, and the rest of my stuff

I realize these dont cover all of my requirements that i put at the beginning

But what does everyone think?

and does anyone have any experience with these bags?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #6

i have been leaning towards one of the lowe pros,my mother is a photographer, and she has 2 bags, a crumpler back pack, which is an awesome bag, but i don't like the design and and old Lowe Pro and the thing is still going, only thing wrong with it is one of the clips finally cracked, but that was just back up for the zipper
Old 10-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #7

another one that i have found is the

Tamrac 3375 Aero Speed Pack 75 Dual Access Photo Backpack

does anyone have any experiance with tamrac products?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #8

anyone on the tamrac stuff?
Old 10-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
have you looked at this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-SLR...0115634&sr=8-1
Old 10-31-2011, 07:54 PM   #10
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
I have an OGIO camera backpack. what i like best about it is that the insides are removable. I found this thread while looking for a picture of my bag on google. the bag is the exact same as mine i looked at this thread real quick so i don't know if its still for sale.
*edit* i personally think this would be the best fit for you as it can fit many different small camera lenses, multiple sized cameras and of course a big long lens in the middle. I have in my back a big bulky 6x6 film camera and 4 lenses for it along with my nikon dslr with 3 different lenses for it as well. i do carry a lot of film when i shoot with my 6x6 and still have plenty of room. it also has a big pocket in the front perfect for fitting you laptop, snacks water bottles and just about anything else you can stuff in it.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...2-fisheye.html
Old 10-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #11

i saw the case logic one, but dont like it for 2 reasons, i have had case logic stuff and they fell apart

second, is that i want a pack with a separate laptop section, camera section, and a separate33 section for the other stuff I will need to carry on the trip

Products Discussed in this Thread