Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Starting a Photography Forum?

Old 01-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Starting a Photography Forum?

Would any of you be interested in starting a Photography Based Forum?

My hosting is about to run out, and im debating on keeping it..
Im looking for both Interest and some funding so we could build a DB Free Photography Forum. that's my goal..

Any takers?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
There are plenty of other forums. What would make this one different than the others?
Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
There are plenty of other forums. What would make this one different than the others?
well the fact that unlike most, who ever helps out, will help build it from the ground up... and also I will personally make sure there is no DB'ness going on! I want to create a place where people can ask questions, post up and just share experiences. and a place for all level of photogs to chat and learn from each other..
Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
well canon has a huge photo forum. there arent a lot of forums that support nikon, there isnt very good all around forum... at least that i have found...

i would be interested in helping... unfortunately i dont have any money to put into it... but i am more than willing to help in other ways
Old 01-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
well canon has a huge photo forum. there arent a lot of forums that support nikon, there isnt very good all around forum... at least that i have found...

i would be interested in helping... unfortunately i dont have any money to put into it... but i am more than willing to help in other ways

Word, Thats kinda want i want to start, and Good all around forum about general photography, from lighting tech to Nikon and Cannon, the more people involved the better. anything would be appreciated it, Even if its only 5$
Figure if 20 peeps donate 5$ that would cover the jist of it, plus im going to dump some time and money into it!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
XJBaylor will become famous soon enough
Name: Keith
XJBaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Between Canon's forum, Nikoncafe.com, FredMiranda.com, dpreview.com, local forums, specialized forums, etc., I think that starting a new forum would be pretty tough. I don't know that I see the market for another forum at this point. At least not one hoping for commercial success.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJBaylor View Post
Between Canon's forum, Nikoncafe.com, FredMiranda.com, dpreview.com, local forums, specialized forums, etc., I think that starting a new forum would be pretty tough. I don't know that I see the market for another forum at this point. At least not one hoping for commercial success.
im not looking to make money, or commercial success, but more of a cool place to hang, chat, bounce ideas. with out getting flamed...
if it works it works.

im just not happy with whats out there.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #8

Were on our Way, 1 person sent in 20$ so only 100$ more to go!
My paypal acct is. PrezidentRedz@gmail.com

Also anyone have some name ideas for the forum we could use?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea. It would give novice, such as myself, a place to learn from people whom I already know and probably won't get flamed by.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #10

Thanks man, and we will def need that, but I just need help on the up-start!
then from there, we have a year to collect donations. and stuff like that!
Old 01-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 01-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #12

thanks for the Donation Steve! it wont go unrecognized.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no problem man, good luck.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #14

20 Days Left! Help a brother out! and if things do go south and I dont get the site up, I promise I will return the Donations! but please please I wanna at-least give this a try...
Old 01-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #15

I think Iv found a name that would be a perfect fit.
syntheticpixels.com

what do you all think?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
braaap

I like it!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #17

Bumping... Running out of time.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #18

bumping,

I know most of you are sick of\ or lack there of whats out there.
So help us get a good site rolling!

Like 1 member said, "It can be the TW of Photography"
Old 01-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
braaap

bump for you
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #20

Bumping for some Financial support! We only have a few days left, I would like to give this a try and see if it takes off!