Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Have an Iphone, want a GoPro but broke? Check this out

Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
Have an Iphone, want a GoPro but broke? Check this out

If you would like a GoPro camera but don't have the $$$$, maybe you could use your Phone to shoot your videos in 1080P. This isn't helping me because i'm an Android user, but i figured it might help most of you Apple users out! Check this out!

http://www.optrixhd.com/
Old 01-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedontronics View Post
90 bucks for a case, ouch. I just bought a brand new gopro helmet hero hd 1080p for $130
Includes Cases and Mounts. I just seen it online and thought if someone didn't want to pay 200+ for one they might consider something of that nature. I have a GoPro myself so i understand.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Meh. The major downfall I see is that you have to own an iPhone.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Meh. The major downfall I see is that you have to own an iPhone.
Although many people do own an iphone. This is true
Old 01-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
just use and elastic band to your rear view mirror....... lol

the cheap and easy way... lol
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedlinAround View Post
If you would like a GoPro camera but don't have the $$$$, maybe you could use your Phone to shoot your videos in 1080P. This isn't helping me because i'm an Android user, but i figured it might help most of you Apple users out! Check this out!

http://www.optrixhd.com/
does it have suction cup mount?

I found this awesome mount:
http://www.lifeproof.com/lifeproof-s...r-gopro-mounts
Old 01-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 01-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post

Bump
Old 01-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #10
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Throw this around a bit and see how well it works. Your screen is going to hit something sooner or later.. Go pro's, you can chuck them around and they are fine.. I'd pay for the go pro.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Throw this around a bit and see how well it works. Your screen is going to hit something sooner or later.. Go pro's, you can chuck them around and they are fine.. I'd pay for the go pro.
I think with the lifeproof case and GoPro mount, you can mount the iphone inside the truck for some cool shots, and have the option to upload the videos while being mobile.

I wouldnt trust putting it on my front bumper in a race, but have it suctioned to the the roof while running some light trails would be cool.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

thats pretty cool. i already have the case and the mounts so i might scoop that up haha.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
thats pretty cool. i already have the case and the mounts so i might scoop that up haha.
so you have a lifeproof case? how do you like it?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so you have a lifeproof case? how do you like it?
yeah i do. ive had it for like a month and ive dropped it a few times on accident and its fine. ive used it while snowboarding and its been fine as far as i can tell. The speakers are a little muffled but its not too bad. if i really want to use the speakers i just open the slot thing. the only thing that sucks is that i have to screw in the headphone thing to keep it waterproof but id rather do that than it not be waterproof. the apple headphones do work without the adapter though
Old 01-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

^ nice, im in the desert and beaches a lot so i figure it would keep dust and sand out pretty well. I also drop my phone every other time I get out of my truck. I like how there are a bunch of accessories for the case
Old 01-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #17

113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^ nice, im in the desert and beaches a lot so i figure it would keep dust and sand out pretty well. I also drop my phone every other time I get out of my truck. I like how there are a bunch of accessories for the case
yeah it is really nice. another thing that got me was that it was so much smaller than the otterbox which is really nice.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Girl View Post
just use and elastic band to your rear view mirror....... lol

the cheap and easy way... lol
thought about maybe using a zip tie.. Not everyone has an elastic band just laying around. ;P

but are there any companies like in the OP that make something for the droid x?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #19
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah it is really nice. another thing that got me was that it was so much smaller than the otterbox which is really nice.
... ^^^ ... Really, I didn't know it was smaller. I have had Otter Boxes on my 3G & 4G and the 4G Otter Boxes don't impress me, after having a 3G box.

This piques my interests on that "Lifetime Case" ... and I miss some covered areas on the OtterBox 4G case that were on the 3G case.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #20
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
yeah i do. ive had it for like a month and ive dropped it a few times on accident and its fine. ive used it while snowboarding and its been fine as far as i can tell. The speakers are a little muffled but its not too bad. if i really want to use the speakers i just open the slot thing. the only thing that sucks is that i have to screw in the headphone thing to keep it waterproof but id rather do that than it not be waterproof. the apple headphones do work without the adapter though
I will plus this recommendation up. There is a photo of my iphone in a hooters glass around here some where. I've also dropped it into the hot springs water at hot springs national park and it's still ticking. The screen cover is a little beat up-but that's better than the screen being toast. Drops have not affected it at all.
TOTALLY worth it. I got some sport headphones with a built in microphone that use bluetooth for everyday use so I don't have to mess with the extension. I'll use the apple headphones first...and then if I think I could get wet I'll use the extension.
TOTALLY worth it tho-Lifeproof FTMFW!