Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

What Photo editing program do you recommend?

Old 01-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
What Photo editing program do you recommend?

Hey fellow photo enthusiasts, I'm currently getting back into Photography and would like to know what program(s) you use. What I'm basically looking to do is edit some photos to have that HDR look and mess around with different editing processes. I need the program to compatible with my Macbook Pro since I am on it constantly... I have looked at Aperture 3 but have been told its not very good with the editing I want to do.

I can post a couple of pictures that show what editing process I want to do if needed. I don't really know how to explain what I want to do.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
Got Cash: Photoshop CS5
Got little cash: Photoshop Express
No Cash: the GIMP (free)

just importing, croping, editing a little: Picasa by google works great, allows you to also use picnik..

good luck

We need you to sign in...close
To be able to like, add, edit and comment on applications you must sign in. It is a really simple operation with OpenID or Facebook Connect.
[URL="http://www.tacomaworld.com/Login.aspx"]Go ahead and sign in
Old 01-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholder70 View Post
Got Cash: Photoshop CS5
Got little cash: Photoshop Express
No Cash: the GIMP (free)

just importing, croping, editing a little: Picasa by google works great, allows you to also use picnik..

good luck

We need you to sign in...close
To be able to like, add, edit and comment on applications you must sign in. It is a really simple operation with OpenID or Facebook Connect.
[URL="http://www.tacomaworld.com/Login.aspx"]Go ahead and sign in
thanks I've been doing my research the last few days and i think for the money Aperture 3 is fine for what i want to accomplish. I have a friend who works at my local Apple store and I've been playing around with Aperture 3 and it works well for my needs.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
Im a retard. That is all.
thanks for your useless post. and what a great discovery you made. keep your ignorant comments to your self next time. it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
photoshop cs5 extended
way out of my price range but thanks!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I use:

Photoshop CS5
Lightroom 3

Between the two that's all I need.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #8

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacorunner View Post
thanks I've been doing my research the last few days and i think for the money Aperture 3 is fine for what i want to accomplish. I have a friend who works at my local Apple store and I've been playing around with Aperture 3 and it works well for my needs.
I use Aperture on my macbook pro, love it! another I have used and really like is lightroom (MAC and PC), lightroom has some great built in filters like aperture.

check out this article: http://www.digital-photography-schoo...rs-to-consider

Lightroom you can get for about $100
Aperture is about $200 - depending on your hookups cost?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Lightroom 3
Old 01-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholder70 View Post
I use Aperture on my macbook pro, love it! another I have used and really like is lightroom (MAC and PC), lightroom has some great built in filters like aperture.

check out this article: http://www.digital-photography-schoo...rs-to-consider

Lightroom you can get for about $100
Aperture is about $200 - depending on your hookups cost?
I was gonna consider the Aperture app from the app store on my Mac book Pro. its priced at about $80. would it be better if I buy the disk program and install it?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Lightroom 3
I have heard many great things about Lightroom 3. so many programs so many different reviews. which is why I felt the need to turn to my fellow photo enthusiasts!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks for your useless post. and what a great discovery you made. keep your ignorant comments to your self next time. it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #13

[QUOTE=nmcqueen280;4320891]ha i assume he said something dumb and edited it out b/c he realized later he was wrong

you're probably right, I just dislike when people don't have anything to suggest therefore think its okay to throw in a comment just to be noticed.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentose457 View Post
Im a retard. That is all.
Hey man, listen my reply to this was rude and I'm sorry. right of the bat I jumped to the conclusion that you were being dumb. I was out of line to flame you. like nmqueen said maybe you deleted what you had said before editing your post. again i apologize for my reaction to your post.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
Jokes on me I overreacted. He may have said something rude then changed it therefore calling himself the R word.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have heard many great things about Lightroom 3. so many programs so many different reviews. which is why I felt the need to turn to my fellow photo enthusiasts!
I tried (and still have installed) them all. Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS5 are the only ones I ever use. Period.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #18
Quo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shedQuo Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Paul
Quo Fan's Tacoma Gallery
I use Lightroom 2.7 (haven't upgraded to 3 yet) and CS5. Mostly I use Lightroom. Most everything I need to do to my photos I can do in Lightroom.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #19

Air Force:
Quote:
I was gonna consider the Aperture app from the app store on my Mac book Pro. its priced at about $80. would it be better if I buy the disk program and install it?
Well if you are on MAC (and must be because Aperture is MAC only) I would go with it, lightroom and aperture I almost identical in function and ability... If you might see yourself going between macs and pcs (like i do) then you may want lightroom because its on both.

$80 is a good deal, you will not find much as capable as Aperture for that price.