Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

*OFFICIAL Photography BS thread!!

Old 10-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #301
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I ended up going at 135mm a couple nights ago...made 5 shots wide. Unfortunately I was still fighting the ramp lights in the back ground so I took half the stitch and mirrored it. Can't tell except for the background...which I'm gonna try and mask out and maybe replace. This is proving to be difficult because I'm using GIMP right now and I can't find the tools I'm used to in Photoshop.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #302
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
just 5 shots? gimp does not have some type of photomerge operation in it?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #303
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brian's Tacoma Gallery
I used Hugin to merge it. Did a pretty decent job once I figured it out.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #304
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
pic?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #305
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
Alright guys I'm selling a couple lenses. Both are Nikon F Mount lenses in excellent condition. If anyone is interested just PM me.

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM Macro (NOT the OS version)

I'm asking $600 plus shipping and handling

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro

I'm asking $550 plus shipping and handling

Old 10-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #306
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
pic?
I officially hate gimp. It just ruined two hours of work on this thing when the levels plugin crashed in the middle of it rendering preview and left me with a half rendered line across the middle of my photo. Thank god I save progress every once in awhile because I couldn't undo the action... was stupid. So this preview is nowhere near done, I still have to play with the colors a little more and bring out the contrast. I will also crop a little tighter. If you look you can still see the line where I mirrored it. This is the biggest piece of progress that I lost when GIMP screwed up. So I have to redo it, just not tonight, also have to desat the orange highlights from the mercury lights. You get the idea though. I'm gonna keep the mirrored background I think. Its kinda cool, and it will be subtle since I'm keeping it plenty dark. This will be cropped and printed for a 36 x 10 frame.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:58 PM   #307
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
verrnice.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:28 AM   #308
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Brian I prefer your prior sig photo. It was awesome. Damn coasties (lucky).
Old 10-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #309
Bah Humshit!

brian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
Brian I prefer your prior sig photo. It was awesome. Damn coasties (lucky).
fixed
Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #310
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
I really want a Canon 7s with a 50mm f.95

I'm turning into a hipster
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #311
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I officially hate gimp. It just ruined two hours of work on this thing when the levels plugin crashed in the middle of it rendering preview and left me with a half rendered line across the middle of my photo. Thank god I save progress every once in awhile because I couldn't undo the action... was stupid. So this preview is nowhere near done, I still have to play with the colors a little more and bring out the contrast. I will also crop a little tighter. If you look you can still see the line where I mirrored it. This is the biggest piece of progress that I lost when GIMP screwed up. So I have to redo it, just not tonight, also have to desat the orange highlights from the mercury lights. You get the idea though. I'm gonna keep the mirrored background I think. Its kinda cool, and it will be subtle since I'm keeping it plenty dark. This will be cropped and printed for a 36 x 10 frame.

could you upload the finished product and maybe I can tweak it a bit? shame you cut the tail off
Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #312
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
I really want a Canon 7s with a 50mm f.95

I'm turning into a hipster
I'll take a d800 and a schneider 50mm 2.8 t/s
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #313
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=LApO_BDRE8M#
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #314
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I ended up going at 135mm a couple nights ago...made 5 shots wide. Unfortunately I was still fighting the ramp lights in the back ground so I took half the stitch and mirrored it. Can't tell except for the background...which I'm gonna try and mask out and maybe replace. This is proving to be difficult because I'm using GIMP right now and I can't find the tools I'm used to in Photoshop.
How did you end up lighting it? Looks a bit like the AC is in front of a hanger (which is a nice, soft light box look).
Old 11-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #315

Ugh I have lots of issues with some of the points he makes in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=9Cm6mt1lJf8#
Old 11-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #316
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ugh I have lots of issues with some of the points he makes in the video
I think his exposure is OK at best. No faces are well exposed. He clearly knows nothing of the sport and his pics demonstrate that.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
I think his exposure is OK at best. No faces are well exposed. He clearly knows nothing of the sport and his pics demonstrate that.
The hole not cropping because I get it right in camera pissed me off. He obviously doesn't understand that you shoot tight, crop tighter. And plus he was way to static, whenever I shoot soccer games I move between sides of the goal to get the action head on.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #318

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The hole not cropping because I get it right in camera pissed me off. He obviously doesn't understand that you shoot tight, crop tighter. And plus he was way to static, whenever I shoot soccer games I move between sides of the goal to get the action head on.
The static part was because he was making a video about stuff he doesn't know about