Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

*OFFICIAL Photography BS thread!!

Old 04-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks. I use the school right now, and may be putting a dark room in my house one day
Old 04-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #22
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
do any of you have a flickr, smugmug, etc to post up your pics?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #23
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I use flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/derekabrahamphoto/
Old 04-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #24
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I need to set one up.......... Just want to have some creative name that I cannot come up with.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #25
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Flickr, I need to set up a SmugMug acct.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bluemoonoriginals/
Old 04-23-2012, 05:30 PM   #26
NitroCircus177 will become famous soon enough
NitroCircus177's Tacoma Gallery
I have a SmugMug account, it was fully customized but I forgot to upgrade and it wiped everything clean.

Link in my signature \/\/\/\/
Old 04-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
what influenced everyone to choose photography over another type of art? also what type of photography do you like most (weddings, landscape, portrait..etc)
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacorunner View Post
what influenced everyone to choose photography over another type of art? also what type of photography do you like most (weddings, landscape, portrait..etc)
My Grandfather loved photography, he had his own darkroom over the garage. He shot Nikon and I'm hoping I can get all of his gear from my uncle (darkroom equipment included). His favorite photographer was Ansel Adams.

Right now I'm really big into Sports/Photojournalism, but I've always liked landscapes.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #29
Tortoise*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacorunner View Post
I cant draw, at all lol

Landscape/nature for me
Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #30
tacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
tacocolin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
do any of you have a flickr, smugmug, etc to post up your pics?

I shoot with a Canon 60d and my main lenses are
Sigma 17-50 OS
Tokina 11-16
Sigma 30 1.4
Tamron 70-300 VC
Canon 100L IS macro

Here is my flickr, not a ton of stuff on there right now, just paid for the pro a few mo. ago.

BTW Flickriver is a bad ass way to show off your Flickr acct.
http://flickriver.com/photos/8418775@N02/
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #31
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
colin your work is a huge influence to me!

I love photography because of the story of which the photography tells that others may not see, also the detail that many people may miss! also I have a hobby of creating pottery which i haven't done since graduating high school in 2011. I like all types of visual art old and new!
Old 04-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #32
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
What the funk?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #33
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacocolin View Post
I shoot with a Canon 60d and my main lenses are
Sigma 17-50 OS
Tokina 11-16
Sigma 30 1.4
Tamron 70-300 VC
Canon 100L IS macro

Here is my flickr, not a ton of stuff on there right now, just paid for the pro a few mo. ago.

BTW Flickriver is a bad ass way to show off your Flickr acct.
http://flickriver.com/photos/8418775@N02/

Question, what's your editing technique to enhance the clouds' darkness? It looks soooo sick. I have a picture of Mt. Hood with some clouds over it and I've been trying to darken them to give it a dark feel but I keep failing.

Or do you just do true HDRs?
Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #34
tacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Question, what's your editing technique to enhance the clouds' darkness? It looks soooo sick. I have a picture of Mt. Hood with some clouds over it and I've been trying to darken them to give it a dark feel but I keep failing.

Or do you just do true HDRs?
I try to do true HDRs but sometimes I cheat and just make 3 exposures out of my raw files. But if you didn't take a raw you can sometimes fake it with a jpg. Post up the pic so we can see.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #35

I shoot RAW as well, but I haven't gotten into multiple exposures or anything.

I just started using CS5 a few weeks ago, so I'm still learning.

Here's the RAW file (in JPEG format, since I don't know any other way to upload it here):

I know it's not much now, but it's not edited.
Attached Thumbnails
*OFFICIAL Photography BS thread!!-img_1324.jpg  
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #36

Do you have a HDR program? like photomatix or anything like that? That picture should be ok to make into a HDR, but do you want your nice fluffy clouds all dark and mean looking?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #37

No I don't. At least not yet.

I think they'd look better mean.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #38

Ok, I'll see what I can do with the JPG, but it wont be until tonight, after work.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #39

No problem, I'll have to look into some more editing programs.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
No problem, I'll have to look into some more editing programs.
there is this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Edition.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Software.html