1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 1st Real try at Film

Discussion in 'Photography' started by SiRMarlon, May 5, 2012.

1. May 5, 2012 at 2:34 AM
    SiRMarlon

SiRMarlon [OP] The Photo Ninja!

Member:
    First Name:
    Marlon
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Canon 5D MarkIII
    So I wanted to continue to put the 7D I am reviewing through it's paces. And I decided to really give shooting a small film a try. I've been wanting to do it for a really long time now. So I called up my cousin told him to bring his bike over for a shoot, sat down and planned out the all the scenes I wanted :D This was going to be something quick.

We are planning on doing something a little longer next time. :) Anyway let me know what you guys think. I wasn't going to do the shots of the bike at the end by he really wanted them so I said why not.

So let me know what you guys think...and I know I still need a sturdier tripod, mine is pretty old and it's getting to that time where it needs to be replaced.

** A little Tip, watch this in Full Screen 1080p **

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHE_gfSPW4c

2. May 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    I'm not too keen on 'slowing down' the frame rate without it having the frames to make it smooth. I liked the composition for the first half, then it just seemed to drag by the end because of the slower rate. I might have tried for the quick fade in and out of short clips, such as putting the gloves on, starting the bike, getting on, focusing on the body lines and then a focus fade as he drives away. I've never played with video too much, but I'd like to believe I have a sense of what looks good. Thats my .02c

3. May 7, 2012 at 11:33 PM
    Sunner

Sunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Quick fades and short clips are good IMO, keeps it intersting. This was sort of boring, no offense just giving constructive critism. The slow mo was dull. Bike vids are pretty boring in general unless they are doing something crazy.

PS: You gotta tell your cousin to wear more gear.

Products Discussed in

To Top