Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

My 1st Real try at Film

Old 05-05-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
My 1st Real try at Film

So I wanted to continue to put the 7D I am reviewing through it's paces. And I decided to really give shooting a small film a try. I've been wanting to do it for a really long time now. So I called up my cousin told him to bring his bike over for a shoot, sat down and planned out the all the scenes I wanted This was going to be something quick.

We are planning on doing something a little longer next time. Anyway let me know what you guys think. I wasn't going to do the shots of the bike at the end by he really wanted them so I said why not.

So let me know what you guys think...and I know I still need a sturdier tripod, mine is pretty old and it's getting to that time where it needs to be replaced.

** A little Tip, watch this in Full Screen 1080p **

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHE_gfSPW4c
Old 05-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I'm not too keen on 'slowing down' the frame rate without it having the frames to make it smooth. I liked the composition for the first half, then it just seemed to drag by the end because of the slower rate. I might have tried for the quick fade in and out of short clips, such as putting the gloves on, starting the bike, getting on, focusing on the body lines and then a focus fade as he drives away. I've never played with video too much, but I'd like to believe I have a sense of what looks good. Thats my .02c
Old 05-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quick fades and short clips are good IMO, keeps it intersting. This was sort of boring, no offense just giving constructive critism. The slow mo was dull. Bike vids are pretty boring in general unless they are doing something crazy.

PS: You gotta tell your cousin to wear more gear.