Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Photography

Notices

Are these old camera's worth anything?

Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Are these old camera's worth anything?

I was cleaning out the basement last week and came across these old cameras. Any of you camera buffs know if they are worth anything?

The video cameras are brand new never used from probably the late 60's, and the Canon AE1, I think I remember it was from 1980.

I would sell all of them if anyone had any interest or knew a good place to sell them would be great as well.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
bubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shedbubbagumps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bubbagumps's Tacoma Gallery
There are collectors out there who would take them off your hands. I would post messages on photography gear forums. They are all over the net. Someone will buy them. They are not rare antique treasures but someone who collects photographic gear might give you $50.

You also might try a site called KEH. They buy used gear. You can probably appraise the gear at that site. They have a collectibles section.

http://www.keh.com/

I have purchased and sold with them before. You won't get as much money as selling yourself but if you want to avoid the hassles, it may be worth it.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info, I saw a canon about the same year on eBay for $135, I would take that in a heartbeat. I will watch that auction and see how it unfolds as well.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Without a zoom lens, the canon probably wont go for much. Its a very nice camera though, I have one myself. I would expect 60 bucks, but ask 100 for it. Alot of collectors like these cameras, IIRC the AE-1 was the first camera of its kind with the exposure metering on it.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
I have a Pentax K1000 with a Tamron 28-200 manual lens that I absolutely love...I love old film cameras. It takes some serious skills to shoot with these. I have yet to really master mine. I am also going to be purchasing a holga camera soon as well.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
He has all the original shit for it. That would go for way more than $100. Box and instruction manual? I'd start the bid at $150 and not ask for anything else or tell them to pound sand.

I love my AT-1 and AE-1 Program. My pops has an AE-1. Fantastic cameras.

And if it makes a wicked squeal when you cycle the shutter shoot me a PM and I'll let you know how to fix it. It's really easy but someone might try to swindle you into thinking it's busted and sell it to them for cheap. It isn't. Not by a long shot.